Saturday, September 5, 2026

Stacking the Shelves #375

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Reading Reality. It is a chance to showcase all the goodies you've collected throughout the week, whether they're bought on-line or in-store, an ARC or a final copy, borrowed from a friend or the library, physical or digital, etc.

Marketing Gift via NetGalley
 

Author Gift

Library Treasures


Happy Reading!
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting bunch -- Renaissance Men makes me curious! Hope you enjoy 'em.

    My post: https://breathesbooks.com/2026/09/05/stacking-the-shelves-the-sunday-post-143/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicky! I've been so focused on school, and tired all the time, this is I think three-weeks worth :(

      Delete
  2. A very interesting selection of books. Thank you for sharing. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mall trip this week, so SIX from me - all non-fiction. I think that only one (or two) *might* interest you...

    The Finest Hotel in Kabul - A People's History of Afghanistan by Lyse Doucet
    Enshittification - Why Everything Suddenly Got Worse and What to Do About it by Cory Doctorow
    The Revolutionists - The Story of the Extremists Who Hijacked the 1970's by Jason Burke
    Father of the Spitfire - The Untold Story of R J Mitchell by Paul Beaver
    Moonlight Express - Around the World by Night Train by Monisha Rajesh
    The Rage of Party - How Whig Versus Tory Made Modern Britain by George Owers

    Oh, and looking forward to your review of the 'Edmund Fitzgerald' book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely interested in Moonlight Express, and maybe Finest Hotel. Which did you think I would like?

      Delete
    2. Those two.... Although I thought you might be more interested in the Afghan book than the trains... [grin] Oh, and I read the 'I Don't Like Mondays' school shooting book. It was.... reasonable. Review next week.

      Delete
    3. Reasonable, preceded by a ... doesn't seem like it was that good, lol.

      I've been into trains lately, not sure why. I'm glad we don't have to travel by them anymore, but I still want to. Is that weird?

      Delete
    4. I used to travel by train quite a bit when I was in London - 'Up North' to go home & to my present location to see friends before I moved here later (oh, and to Uni when I did my Masters but that was only 40 minutes away). I always liked doing that. Relaxing & a bit of excitement from time to time depending on who (or WHAT!) was in the same carriage.... [lol]

      Delete
  4. I only added one to the stack this week, at least physically, LOL. I hope you enjoy all of these when you get time to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! My brain has all but shut down and I have hardly read anything since school started. I'm So tired!

      Delete
  5. I can't remember if I like the Kate Alice Marshall book. I think I was mixed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!