Friday, July 5, 2019

Happy Birthday, America! Or, as Queen Elizabeth II Might Say...


I have a few fave memes and GIFs of QEII, but this one is by far my most, most favorite.

The 4th was great. This is my (mine?) and Eleanor's favorite holiday. We are lucky in that we live very close to the best fireworks show in the whole city. As a result, we can watch from our deck, or from the sidewalk by our building. We light off fireworks of our own until the real show starts - as do so many of the neighbors around us. We can see multiple smaller shows across the city from our vantage point, but the big one you see in the following photo is always the best.

Happy Treason Day, America! 


6 comments:

  1. Nice photos! The little wings looked fun. It's too hot (100 degrees) for any outdoors activities down here, so I holed up with family under the air conditioner, ate BBQ, and then after the festivities played that most American PC game: Duke Nukem 3D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She picked out the wings, and then her head band had red, white, and blue braids. She's my little 4th of July Fairy <3

      I know it is so hot, but I don't think that could keep me from at least watching the fireworks! I can handle heat a lot better than humidity.

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your favorite holiday. I used to work for a small music school and the director always gave us the day off on 4th of July though he ignored most other national holidays and made us work, especially because most of them fall on Mondays and we had our staff meeting that day. We had a good time this year with extended family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How odd that he singled out the 4th as most important - can't miss those staff meetings of course *eye roll*. Glad to hear of your enjoyable day.

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th! I used to tease my British friends and asked if they had a Fourth of July. After giving an emphatic no! I asked if they skipped from July 3rd to the 5th. Hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 4th to you also - I do the same thing! Especially my British friend who lived here for quite a while.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!