Saturday, August 31, 2019

Tackling the TBR | Week 32: Aug 22 - Aug 31, 2019



I am desperately trying to get my TBR under control. I have a huge backlog of books and often end up reading new books that are not even on my list, instead of trying to whittle down the list that continues to balloon up on Goodreads. Chuckles had the idea first, and we are going to use this as a chance to encourage each other to get those books read instead of always grabbing new ones and thus never making a dent in the physical and digital stacks we already have. It will also give us a chance to take a good look at our lists and see if there are ones we are no longer interested in. We will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month.


Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,237

Currently Reading: 6

Books Added to TBR: 3

Books Removed from TBR: 1

Books Read: 3

Books DNF-ed: 1

Duplicates Removed: 3

New TBR Total: 3,231


Seems back to normal now, thank goodness. The wonky numbers were driving me, well, wonky.

4 comments:

  1. I'm never quite sure what normal is these days! My Goodreads numbers are so far out that I just ignore them! My own count is accurate so I'll keep going with that for the moment. Progress is good for both of us. Hopefully you'll get under that 3000 very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so, so excited that 3,000 is SO CLOSE!! I did not think it would be possible in Year 1, but it is!! Goodreads seems pretty close once again for me, but I still go with that number over my own calculation if it is off by 5 or less. If Goodreads is off by more than 5 I go with my own.

      Delete
  2. Normal is good. I am no longer worrying about my TBR, which I keep on my own, not on GR. I just want to keep reading as much as I can for as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Sometimes it is good to just let go and read whatever, whenever. I have to let go in baby steps. It was hard enough to DNF books for the longest time, but I finally gave myself permission to do it. I think I will have to get my TBR under 1,000 to not stress about it anymore.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!