Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Mystery Blogger Award



I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Ashlee at Books are 42 in the last week of May, and it has taken me a bit to get to this because of everything going on right now, and my mind and heart being elsewhere besides with reading and reviewing and book blogging. This is my first time being nominated for this award, thank you Ashlee!

mystery-blogger-award

The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma on her blog way back in 2016.

Rules
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers three things about yourself
6. Answer the questions provided by whoever nominated you
7. Nominated 10 - 20 people
8. Notify you nominees by commenting on their blogs
9. Ask your nominees any five questions
10. Share a link to your best post(s)

Three Things About Me
Eddie and the Cruisers is my favorite movie of all time. I was OBSESSED with this movie from the time I was about four or so. I didn't understand all of the plot but I loved the music and have easily seen it hundreds of times in my life. I introduced Eleanor to Eddie and the Cruisers when she was four as well, and she loves it as much as I do. It is kind of weird to watch it as an adult, because in my mind as a child, Eddie was so real, it wasn't an actor playing him. These characters were my friends, and now I still feel like a kid watching the movie over and over again. And yes, I still know all the songs by heart.


I have never broken a bone (that matters) in my entire life, and my only surgery ever was my emergency c-section when Eleanor was born. I played sports growing up - basketball, volleyball, softball, and threw shot-put for track, but always managed to keep all my bones together. I have had so many broken baby toes and once my big toe on my right foot, but those don't really count as far as I am concerned because there's literally nothing you can do for them.

On our 8th grade class trip I was among a group of students that got kicked out of the FBI building, despite taking no part in the thing that got us kicked out. We were explicitly told multiple times that we were not allowed to take pictures anywhere inside the building. After our tour ended it was starting to drizzle, but our bus had not yet arrived to pick us up. A couple of us were waiting in the tiny lobby area while the rest of the group finished up in the gift shop. A kid from our group decided it would be okay to take a picture in that little waiting area because there were no agents around. Literally the moment the picture was snapped of him and his girlfriend, the employee from the gift shop was at his side. She took his camera and pulled out all the film, exposing every last part of the film. Bummer for him that this was not our first stop of the day and we had already been to a couple other sites. Bummer for me because I had to wait outside in the rain with the rest of the idiots who thought it was a good idea to take a freaking picture in the FBI building after having been warned multiple times what would happen if anyone did so.

Ashlee's Questions
1. What fictional mode of transportation do you wish you could take?
I would ride around all day on Nate Macauley's motorcycle, as long as he was driving it.

2. What three fictional characters would you go on a road trip with?
Just one. Nate Macauley. It would be so awkward if Bronwyn was there, since I would totally be stealing her boyfriend.

3. If you could invite your favorite author over for dinner, who would you invite and what would you serve?
Duh. Dan Jones, the coolest historian ever. We'd probably just drink a lot of beer and I would make him tell me absolutely everything he knows or thinks about Eleanor of Aquitaine.

4. What was your favorite picture book when you were a kid?
Max the Bad-Talking Parrot by Patricia Brennan Demuth. My mom read it to me a million times, even long after I could read it myself. I loved loved loved this book and it remains one of my most favorites. A couple years ago for Christmas my mom gave Eleanor and I each a copy.

5. If you had to add a regular non-bookish feature to your blog, what would you write about?
I care very deeply about social issues, particularly in regards to abortion rights, #BlackLivesMatter/Persons of Color in general and dismantling systemic racism, and LGBTQIA+ rights. If I blogged about anything else, it would be those topics - though I do blog about them often anyway because I read a lot of books covering these issues.

My Questions
1. Is there any book you have collected multiple copies/editions of, and if so what makes that particular book so special to you?

2. If there is any book or series you could rewrite the ending to you, which one and why?

3. Do you prefer stand-alones or a series?

4. What is your favorite hobby outside of reading?

5. Are you more likely to pick up a newly released super-hyped book, or do you wait until the furor has died down before giving it a try?

My Nominations
You probably know who you are already, but here you go anyway. As always, play along if you would like, or don't know. But know that even though I tag roughly the same collection each time, it is because you are bloggers who I enjoy "spending time with", and who I have learned from. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Greg @ Book Haven

CyberKitten @ Seeking a Little Truth

Stephen @ Reading Freely

Stephanie @ Literary Flits


MudPuddle @ Mudpuddlesoup

Sherry @ Fundinmental


Ethan @ A Book A Week

Evelina @ Avalinah's Books 

Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?


My Best/Favorite Posts



My Non-Review and Review of the Beastie Boys Book

There you have it! Thanks again to Ashlee for nominating me.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. congratulations! and tx for the cite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to you, twice! I always enjoy reading your blog. I learn so many new things each time I do!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nom! And oh my gosh I forgot what a Eddie and the cruisers fan you are! Yes that movie rocks! I think I need a rewatch...

    Fun questions bTW. I'll have to make sure I do this one soon. :)

    "Nate Macauley's motorcycle" haha LOVE it! Poor Bronwyn... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #Eddie4Eva!

      I kind of feel bad for Bronwyn too. I mean, she is someone I would totally be friends with because we are a lot alike. Wait! Maybe I AM Bronwyn! Then I don't feel so bad about stealing Nate, since I would just be stealing him from...myself. Problem solved! (Disclaimer: I have never been framed for murder.)

      Delete
  3. it was fun getting to know some of your 'secrets'. :-) i too am hooked on eddie and the cruisers. the sound track is awesome too
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAASSS!!!!! Eleanor loves both also. I have not let her watch the second movie, but she has listened to the second soundtrack quite a bit and likes that one also. Nothing beats the original though.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the nomination :-)

    You're probably not going to talk to me again now though because I've never even heard of Eddie and the Cruisers :-/
    Worth catching up as an adult? Or will I be too old to appreciate it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Don't feel bad, so many people have never heard of it - thanks to whoever screwed up the movie by thinking it would be a good idea to push the release date to AFTER everyone was back in school in the fall. It is about a band in the early '60s in Jersey. It's so good. SO SO GOOD.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the nomination. I will not be able to get to it right away but I am thrilled to know that my blog inspires you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rush, and no pressure. Just wanting to spread the love to bloggers I adore! <3

      Delete
  6. Thanks for thinking of me! I'll post some answers today. Can't promise on the questions since I only know a handful of regular bloggers you might be interested.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows! Now that Greg and Ethan have managed to suck me into the world of YA and Adult thrillers, my interest is widening rapidly. It is kind of terrifying, lol

      Delete
  7. Man, that FBI story xD what kind of a building was that even? And what a dick that kid was. Must've learnt his lesson for a while, that time.

    Thank you for the tag :) I'll reply here...

    I actually have two copies of one book, although other than that I don't collect books ever. It's a book I've read like 8 or 9 times, and I had an old edition from like the 50s, and then it was rereleased. Since my copy was basically falling apart, I gleefully bought the new one. I still like the old one the best, cause it was either retranslated or at least reedited. Tiny differences. The reason I'm not naming the book is because it hasn't really been released in English.

    Rewrite the ending... There was a YA series that begins with a book called Blood Red Road. The first book is spectacular. The two next ones shouldn't exist xD I'd change EVERYTHAAAAANG about what happens in those two ones xD

    I normally prefer standalones! And I used to have hobbies other than books - singing, making music, dancing, pottery.. but now life doesn't leave a lot of time for them anymore. As for new or old releases, it's more just a question of what catches my eye at the time xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for playing! I think that would be terrible, that the first book would be so wonderful, and then the others that follow just completely wreck everything that was built.

      I used to have other hobbies also, but then Eleanor was born and I stopped everything - including reading. I didn't even start my blog until she was two, and I slowly started picking up reading again. But it took a long time and there is no time for anything else now. My life is literally Eleanor, family, books, job. I am 100% okay with that!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!