Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Dreaded Day Has Arrived...


Well, it's here folks. Tonight my blissful two-and-a-half months as a stay-at-home mom are drawing to a close and tomorrow teacher meetings begin for the 2018-2019 school year.

Basically, not a whole lot will change except the time it takes me to get around to reading comments, and hopping around to your blogs to see what you've got going on. I will still be participating in my regular memes and features, but my activity will occur more often on the weekends -at least until we get back into the swing of things for the year and I figure out just how late I can stay up while being able to still fully function at school each day!

If you are the praying kind, please lift up my classroom and my students and ask that the changes that occurred over the summer with administration will be for the best (that's definitely what I am praying for, and so far, so good!), and that we can change the climate of our school and progress and move forward. I work in special education and my students have all been diagnosed with emotional disturbances. The saying, "The kids who need the most love will ask for it in the most unloving of ways" applies to my students tenfold. 

If you are a happy thoughts kind of person, that's cool too - same happy thoughts, please!

Our first student day is Wednesday, August 15th. Yikes!

Heeeeere weeeee goooooo!

Happy Reading!
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Noooooooooooooo. Summer must not end. Except it does. Good luck with going back, and absolutely will pray for your new school year. Hope all goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, the prayers are much appreciated! This year is a double-whammy because not only am I going back but my baby...will be...in KINDERGARTEN. I am going to be a hot mess on Monday the 13th. Serious. Hot. Mess. There might be some ugly crying, and by might I mean there definitely will be.

      Delete
    2. Aww, I'm sure it will go great. That first day is tough but she'll do fine I'm sure (it will probably be tougher on YOU). Sending positive vibes!

      Delete
    3. Thank you!! We went to her Open House on Thursday and we were both happy to see that many of the kids who were in her preschool class were in her class this year too. Plus, the school is open-air classrooms, so even though her BFF is in the other Kindergarten class, they can literally see each other all the time. I will probably need a whole box of tissues!!!

      Delete
  2. I had the same thought on Monday when our school system re-opened. Here come the 3 o'clock surges and the.....god-awful school projects. I hate school projects sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, especially when they're weird hybrids. Like, why for a math project are kids being made to create fifty-page magazines consisting of (1) definitions from the internet about math things (2) Foxtrot comics (3) interviews with teachers that are so terse and contentless they read like a form letter and (4) awkward and forced attempts at poetry?

    Every semester I see it and I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it.


    Anyway, best of luck weathering the storm..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we need luck and good vibes and lots of prayer. It is a tough job, but can also be very rewarding.

      That is a very strange project indeed. I don't even know what to say to that. God luck with your own struggles with completely asinine projects that make no sense!

      Delete
  3. Good luck for the new academic year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chuckles! I am cautiously optimistic that this year will be better than the last one!

      Delete
  4. It must be so hard to return to work mode after such a long break but you should be all refreshed and ready to go....right. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really to go back, because my daughter is so young and I always had in my head that I would not work until my child(ren) was starting Kindergarten. Unfortunately real life went a very different way and I was back at work eight weeks after she was born. Maternity leave in the US is an utter joke. BUT, I am glad that we at least get these summers together <3

      Delete
    2. We do what we have to do Sarah. Good Luck with your new year and start counting down till your next break.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, your words are greatly appreciated! Things are slowly coming together and I am actually pretty excited about the year now that I have met our new administration and things will hopefully go in a much more positive direction than they were the last two years...And Labor Day is in about three weeks, woohoo!

      Delete
  5. Sending happy thoughts your way. I'm sure both you and your little one will soon get into the swing of the new year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Things are getting back on track and coming together. I am cautiously optimistic that this year will turn out better than the last two. We have a new administration and I think my program will have a lot more support than before!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!