Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 Reading Goals


I don't really know if I should bother with these anymore, since I think it is unrealistic for me to believe I will ever get all my reviews done. On the other hand, I might, right?

HA!

1. Read 250 books - Same as last year, though I passed this by 54 books in 2022.

2. Get my TBR below 2,000 books - This is doable, especially if I read more books from my backlog this year, which is my next goal. Plus it is time for another culling of the list to see what I am no longer interested in reading.

3. Read more from my backlog - I went on massive YA thriller binges this year and I am not sorry at all. I read some really great fucking YA books and look forward to more in 2023...as long as I balance it more efficiently with what is on my TBR.

4. Write some reviews - Seriously. ANY REVIEWS. I started getting more comfortable with mini reviews last year, so I do think this will go much more smoothly in 2023.

Have you set any goals for yourself this year? Let me know!

Happy Reading,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I'm not really setting myself any blogging/reading goals this year beyond my GR goal which is at 52 books. I've been gone for so long (and had MANY false starts when coming back to blogging) so I just want to focus on actually getting back into blogging and catching up with folks! :)

    Good luck with your goals this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent plan, so glad to see you again! Sometimes those breaks are necessary, you never want this to be a chore or something that feels like a drag. I set the goals, but don't stress out if I don't meet them. More like, targets I aim for and I might hit them...but probably not, lol

      Delete
  2. I was bad about minireviews in 2021, but that's probably better than no reviews at all....20% of my books went un-reviewed last year. :(

    Good luck with your TBR goal. I've imposed a book-buying ban on myself for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am sitting at like, 400 books still needing to be reviewed. It's insane. Luckily a lot of them can be grouped together, so they can be mini reviews and not 400 different reviews.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!