Thursday, May 30, 2024

Summer Is HERRRRRRRRE


It's here! It's finally here!

Last Wednesday was our last student day and Friday our last work day. I wasn't finished then, however, because my co-worker (and BFF) are moving our office so we had lots to pack up and labeled and all that good stuff.

We finished up yesterday and so I can finally say this morning that I am officially on summer break. The downside is, Eleanor and I both have colds. But I have missed the blog, and Eleanor had to go to her father's house for the day, so here I am!

This summer is going to be wonderful. Eleanor has been taking guitar and vocal lessons, and joined a performance group at her music school. The school had it's season showcase on Sunday and Eleanor absolutely killed it. I can not even explain how beautiful it was to see my baby up on stage, singing her heart out. The new season started Tuesday and this time around Eleanor is in an 80s performace class.

We plan to spend time exploring ghost towns and abandoned houses again. We will be heading home to visit family at the end of June and seeing Niall Horan in concert. VIP lounge and floor seats, can't FREAKING WAIT. (And seeing Taylor again in November, which I realize is not summer-related, but I will never stop talking about Taylor #sorrynotsorry.) I love making concert memories with Eleanor.

And of course summer means playing catch-up, so expect actual reviews again. For real this time, I promise.

Now I'm off to respond to comments and visit your blogs and think about writing up some reviews.

See you soon!
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Yay for summer! I love that Eleanor is carving out a love for music and that it is becoming another way for you to connect with her. It warms this former band director's heart! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures and catch up on everything you've been reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO proud of Eleanor. She had to stop dancing due to an on-going back problem, and one Christmas was given our cousin's acoustic guitar. She wanted to try lessons so she started that last October. Then we added vocal lessons, and one day one of the instructors was like, "Why isn't she performing?!" so she joined a performance class and here we are. Sunday was her very first live performance ever and I was in tears. So freaking proud of my baby. I love that she loves music as much as I do. She wants an electric guitar now, too. And to start taking keys lessons. I love that she has found something that still allows her to be creative/tell a story, that she loves as much as she once enjoyed dance.

      Delete
    2. That's the best! So happy she's found that outlet. I know you're a proud Mom!

      Delete
    3. SO SO proud. She's going to rock this 80s class. She's got a solo so far in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. I can't wait to hear the rest of her songs.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. YAAASSSSSSSS!!!! Naturally Eleanor and I spent the first couple days reading and binge-watching Friends. It's glorious.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!