Thursday, March 9, 2017

First Line Friday: Non-Eleanor Edition!



It's First Line Friday! I decided to take a week off from sharing my love of Eleanor of Aquitaine to introduce you to a fantastic historical fiction novel about Jane Boleyn, wife of George Boleyn and sister-in-law to Mary and Anne Boleyn. I read it in a matter of hours and if you are interested you can find my review HERE. If you are interested in Tudor history, I recommend it highly. Though it is fiction, I really enjoyed it. There's so little we know about so many of these Tudor women, it is kind of nice to imagine what they might have been like and lucky for us, Adrienne Dillard was happy to fill in the missing pieces of what Jane's life might have been like.

34217892

"November 12, 1541
Journey to the Tower

The river was as calm as I had ever seen it."

I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil a thing, so leave your own line or a comment about mine and then visit my fellow First-Liners to see what they have for you this week


Rachel - Bookworm Mama




Lauraine - Lauraine's Notes



Robin - Robin's Nest


Kathleen - Kathleen Denly



If you would like to participate in First Line Friday, let Carrie know.
Happy Friday!
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'll have to put that one on my TBR!

    My first line today comes from Karen Sargent's 'Waiting For Butterflies':

    "Maggie heard the key in the front door and looked at the clock on the nightstand: 1:48 a.m. Nearly twenty four hours had passed since the phone had jarred her awake and Sam out of bed."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. Since I read so much non-fiction, it always makes me extra happen when I spend time on a fictional book that is worth the read. Let me know what you think when/if you get a chance to read it!

      Delete
  2. Five minutes earlier…

    THERE IS A MOMENT, JUST BEFORE EVERY STORM, when the entire world pauses.
    Siren’s Fury by Mary Weber

    Happy Friday and Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Caryl. Definitely a feeling I can relate to - the calm before the storm. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Yay!!! You have a novel ;) History is much more fun for me if it's in story form <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you would enjoy this the most! We just have to find you the right non-fiction book ;)

      Delete
  4. I watched an old movie last week about Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. It included the history from his first to his second wife...so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What movie was it? I am very much NOT a fan of Anne Boleyn and am definitely in the Catherine of Aragon camp. It is such a sad history for so many people, so many lives were destroyed in his reign. But we have to remember it was a different time, which is hard to do some times. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  5. That sounds super interesting! I love reading about so many different eras in history!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tudors are my second favorite dynasty to read about, the Plantagenets are my first. I highly recommend this one. Let me know when/if you get a chance to read it.

      Delete
  6. Eeeep headed over to read your review now now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found this and the review helpful. I'm sure Adrienne would love another reader :)

      Delete
  7. I love books that you can read in a couple of hours! My husband knows to just let me be because I'm involved in a storyline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the group Jessica :)

      I do too. I primarily read non-fiction, and it takes me a while because I am constantly taking notes for my reviews. This one I intended to do the same, as I wanted to do a right and proper review. But when I need a brain break from my own research and writing I peruse BookBub for free cozy mystery listings and read a couple of those a week.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!