Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Beastie Boys Book Non-Review Review

38799788

OMG THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING AND THERE IS NO WAY ANYTHING CAN TOP IT FOR MY #1 READ OF 2018.

An actual review is forthcoming, but man, I had to say something. I finished the book last night and it was exhausting because there were only so many pages left and when I turned to "The Last Gig" I started bawling my fucking eyes out and couldn't stop. If I stopped reading, MCA wouldn't be gone yet. Logical, right? So instead of reading, I watched a couple videos, An Open Letter to NYC, Intergalactic, and Sabotage. I then found footage of that last show at Bonnaroo in 2009, the last time Beastie Boys ever performed - Sabotage as their finale, no less - and it was everything.


Then I finally opened the book and read "The Last Gig"...And cried for another fucking hour.

Full review to come. But seriously, if you are any kind of Beastie Boys fan at all, you need this. It's exactly what a band memoir should be and I laughed and cried the whole way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!