Thursday, September 26, 2019

Books From The Backlog #13



Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
543013

Why did I add Catherine of Aragon to my TBR?

Because Catherine embodied grace and dignity her entire life, even when Henry sought to take it away. Catherine remains the true queen, though she deserved far better than Henry VIII.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

8 comments:

  1. Great pick! I think it is safe to say that everyone deserved better than Henry VIII. I hope you enjoy this one, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Truly. I would not have been nearly as composed as she was. True grace.

      Delete
  3. She definitely deserved better than Henry VIII. She's such an interesting figure in history. This sounds like it would be good. I hope you enjoy it when you read it! Have a great weekend, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is strange to think how differently the world might be had Arthur lived, or had Catherine and Henry had living sons, and so on and so on.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!