Thursday, November 7, 2019

Tackling the TBR Week 41: Nov 1 - Nov 7, 2013



Basically, I have a huge TBR and often end up reading new books that are not even on my list, instead of trying to whittle down the list that continues to balloon on Goodreads. I am going to make a real effort to get those books read instead of always grabbing new ones and thus never making a dent in the physical and digital stacks I already have. It will also gives me a chance to take a good look at my list and see if there are ones I'm no longer interested in. I will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month.

Previous Week's TBR Total: 3,229

Currently Reading: 5

Books Added to TBR: 4

Books Removed from TBR: 2

Books Read: 13

Books DNF-ed: 0

Duplicates Removed: 0

New TBR Total: 3,222
 So last week I went on that request-binge of Mary Downing Hahn books at my library and this week it paid off because I finished all of the books and managed to move in the right direction again.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. my word... i wouldn't call that a tbr list, i'd look at it as your own personal library... and i thought i had a lot of books @ 2500...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually own all of them, so you have me beat in that department. I do, however, own quite a few of them. But we are in an apartment and space is limited, so unless there are special circumstances (like the book being authored by Dan Jones) I sell the books to Half Price Books...to buy more!

      Delete
  2. Net reduction of 7 is nothing to complain about.
    13 books read in a week?! Holy crap! I'd be shouting about that! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the number keeps dropping, I will be happy! I have a confession though...those 13 were middle grade books, so nothing suuuuuuper challenging. I went on a Mary Downing Hahn binge and read all her books I could get my hands on that I had not yet read.

      Delete
  3. we have about the same number of books, but i don't have all my kindle or physical books on there. any reduction, in my eyes, is a good thing. my problem is, i keep adding to it, but i can't say no. my biggest goal is getting all my physical books read. audio...that's a different story. i am still trying to get the hang of it but my mind wanders too much
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not so much a fan of audio myself, my mind wanders sometimes too. I really had to make an effort to go through one day (many days, actually) of getting all my Kindle and physical books added to Goodreads. I am trying to get the physical books read first, so I can sell as many as possible and get new ones, of course.

      Delete
  4. Let's see. It looks like I read completely from my TBR this week. 3 books read. All were good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, not only were they all from your TBR, but they were not disappointing. Double win!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!