Sunday, April 26, 2020

READ FASTER! First Edition


This post is not entirely serious, but maybe a little bit.

Obviously libraries have been closed for quite a while now - going on I think six weeks now? This means there has been a huge increase in the ebook holds, I am sure. I am one of those people requesting now, as I almost never get ebooks. I want physical copies from the library whenever I can get them.

There are a few books I have put in hold requests for, and I am STILL without them. I am pouting and I realize this is an insanely ridiculous #FirstWorldProblem to be complaining about, but I have not yet complained once since this whole thing started - mostly because I love being at home with my baby girl all day.

Books I Am Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting For

1. The Sun Down Motel The Sun Down Motel
Hold Date: March 30th
Starting Position: 19 on 2 copies
Current Position: 12 on 2 copies

I have seen this one around for so long and finally decided this was the time to read it. I am becoming more interested in adult thrillers, though YA thrillers and Karen McManus will always be my #1s.

2. Wayside School Beneath the Cloud of Doom Wayside School Beneath the Cloud of Doom
Hold Date: March 31st
Starting Position: 4 on 1 copy
Current Position: 1 on 1 copy

You might think this is for Eleanor, but you are wrong Wrong WRONG. I have loved these stories since I was a child and have loved reading them to my classes, and to Eleanor. So yes, it is kind if for her but it is also for me. I was so excited when I found out a few months ago that there would finallyyyyyyyyyyy be a fourth book and had originally put in a hold for a physical copy when the books were still on-order. The library system closed before they could get those copies out, but the ebooks are still available so here we are. I AM NEXT. NEXT!

3. Eight Perfect Murders Eight Perfect Murders
Hold Date: April 11th
Starting Position: 17 on 3 copies
Current Position: 15 on 3 copies

I saw this on Ethan's blog TWO WEEKS AGO and have hardly moved up in the queue at all. In TWO WEEKS! On THREE COPIES!

4. Perfect Little Children Perfect Little Children
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 9 on 2 copies
Current Position: 9 on 2 copies

I actually can't be mad about this one because I just requested it four days ago.

5. The Woman in Cabin 10 The Woman in Cabin 10
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 24 on 3 copies
Current Position: 21 on 3 copies

I requested this one the same day as #4 because I was told they have a similar feel.

6. Force of Nature Force of Nature
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 4 on 1 copy
Current Position: 4 on 1 copy

I saw this one yesterday on someone's blog but for the life of me I can't remember which blogger posted about it! If it was you, please tell me, because you are the reason I have put it on hold!

Okay, so I realize in the grand scheme of things this is not a huge issue. But I really want these books, never mind the fact that I have a pile from NetGalley and hundreds of unread books on my Kindle and five-shelf bookcase stacked two and three deep.

#ALLTHEBOOKS!

Happy Reading,
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Your library readers seem really slow lol. As someone who regularly requests ebook and audiobooks from the library, I've definitely noticed an uptick it holds being placed. I've even resorted to requesting both ebook and audio of the same title just to see which one will get checked out faster!

    I'm even more baffled at seeing how long it is taking people to read the thrillers that I easily breezed through! Netgalley and a couple blog giveaways have been a saving grace in filling in my gaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I don't understand the deal. But I have to keep reminding myself that not everyone reads as fast as I do and so may of us are working from home, so many don't have extra time, but COME ON! Thrillers are not hard to read in a couple hours. Or days. UGH!

      On a happy note, Wayside School Beneath the Cloud of Doom came today and Eleanor and I are already loving it!

      Delete
  2. i too have a probably terminal case of book addiction...i get short of breath and develop a rash if i get too far away from books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I genuinely feel discombobulated if I do not read at least an hour a day. I get jittery and feel out of sorts.

      Delete
  3. We're members of a consortium of smaller libraries (as far as ebooks go), so I absolutely sympathize. Sometimes it will be months before I'm able to check out a book. Surprised you didn't just buy the Wayside one, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have all the others in paperback, so I want to get this one in paperback too. It will be such a long wait, but at least we are getting to read the story now. It finally came this afternoon, whew! it does not feel any different, which I was kind of worried about, seeing as how the first one was published in 1978!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!