Thursday, April 30, 2020

Special Feature | Eleanor Reads! COVID-19 April Edition



It will come as a surprise to literally no one that Eleanor and I have both done a pretty solid amount of reading since school has been closed. As of April 1st, schools are now closed for the rest of the year. It is a devastating thing to have happen. I am heartbroken for Eleanor and my 6th graders. But it is also the absolute right call.

Here Eleanor and I are going to share the books we have read together in April. She is a first grader but has long loved chapter books, starting with the Rainbow Magic fairies, and Magic Tree House adventures; this was before Kindergarten even started! Eleanor was born a reader and that makes my heart so, so happy.

22249673 
28218849 26795315 35271175 35553566 29662497 31247838 36221051 35457333 44579264. sx318  22571674 608297. sx318  374237 22571658

Do the kiddos in your life have an interest in any of these?

Happy Reading,
Eleanor and Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Go Eleanor! Is Nancy Clancy related to Fancy Nancy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! The chapter book series takes place when Nancy and Bree are in third grade. They're wonderful, I wish there were more than eight, we breezed through them so fast because we adore Nancy.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you've been able to share your love of reading with her. I remember reading Magic Tree House books when I was a kid, so it is cool to see they are still being read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely cemented that love early - I started reading to Eleanor when I was about seven months pregnant. Every morning and every night I read 'Where the Wild Things Are' to hear because it is my all-time favorite picture book and I wanted her to know it when she was born. She sure did. The first time I read it after she was born, my mom was holding her. I'll be darned if she did not turn her head to look in the direction of my voice, and kept her eyes in my direction the whole time.

      The Magic Tree House books are so much fun and the series got so much better as it went along. It felt a little directionless in the beginning, but I love all of the people and places in history that kids are being introduced to. Plus the non-fiction companions, love those too!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!