Monday, June 14, 2021

Tackling the TBR Week 22: June 8 - June 14, 2021

   


I am now entering year three of Tackling the TBR. Slowly but surely I have made big strides in getting by TBR under control. When I first started in 2019, my TBR was topping out at over 5,000 books. I don't know that I will ever get below 500, but a #BookDragon can dream!


I will be posting on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the last day of the month. Feel free to join in if you'd like!


Previous Week's TBR Total: 2,901


Currently Reading




Books Added to TBR:



Books Removed from TBR: 3



Books Read




Books DNF-ed: 0




Duplicates Removed: 0


New TBR Total: 2,880


Any of these catch your eye? Have you already read any? Let me know!


Happy Reading!

Sarah

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

  1. lots of history! superb! 70 great mysteries appeals, and the ones about Shakespeare, except how can more be written about him when we already know everything which isn't much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just starting the Shakespeare/Elizabeth one so I am not in too deep yet. The one of his friends though was really interesting. We always think of Shakespeare as this singular force, larger than life. This is probably one of my favorite books about him, because I learned quite a bit, through reading about his friends. And I think without that being the purpose or even being mentioned anywhere in the entire text, it firmly helps us view Shakespeare as the man from Stratford-upon-Avon, and not simply a pseudonym for someone else. There's quite a bit more here than I was expecting.

      Delete
  2. That's a good sign that you didn't DNF 'Spontaneous'..... [lol]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still am not sure how I feel about it. The concept was really cool, but something is missing for me and I am not quite sure what. I am hoping to review it this weekend. Now you have ot read One of Us is Lying!!

      Delete
    2. I'll read 'THUG'.... How about that? [grin]

      Delete
  3. Most of those books on England look pretty good, I'm just going to bookmark all of them I think! Ancient world mysteries are always a fave too.

    Death by Shakespeare looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! You'll tame that TBR list yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang you've been busy! The Coffin Ship sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! After visiting Ireland, the book makes it all the more real. I can't imagine having to go through what so many did just to try to survive.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!