Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Eleanor Reads | May Edition

Each month Eleanor and I share the chapter books we read. We've been reading chapter books since before Kindergarten and her attention span as a four year old was definitely something to brag about. Eleanor was born a reader and that makes my heart so, so happy.

I am making a couple changes because Eleanor is becoming a more independent reader at home. She has no problem plowing through books at school, but at home she prefers I read to her while she is drawing, painting, working on a science project, etc. Plus, who doesn't also love being read to at bedtime?

Currently Reading Together


Read Together



Currently Reading Independently*

*Eleanor has begun reading more than one book at a time. I can't imagine where she got that idea from.

Eleanor's Independent Reads


Eleanor's DNFs

Do the kiddos in your life have an interest in any of these?


Happy Reading,
Eleanor and Sarah

10 comments:

  1. WOW - She's reading about 'Stranger Things'...! Just the *trailers* scare ME!... [lol]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She watches it at her father's house and LOVES it. We haven't had Netflix in years, since the Wii stopped supporting Netflix, otherwise I am pretty sure I would like it too.

      Delete
  2. That stranger Things one looks interesting. I love that world! But I'm with CyberKitten- this new season (S4) is SCARY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen it! She loves Eleven and watches it at her father's house.

      Delete
    2. I just finished last night. Super spooky this time, episodes are too long, but it ended well. Well, ended is relative- I guess there are two more (movie length) episodes coming in July aieeeee

      Delete
    3. Eleanor thinks they're too long too, but she is still very excited for July.

      Delete
  3. The I Survive and the Who was books are really awesome! My students really love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Eleanor still loves them. The Who/Where/What series are just perfect for her to find out which non-fiction topics she is interested in, and we find further books from there! She's addicted to the I Survived, also. The problem is, now they're coming out with graphic novels and she has almost all the titles in paperback already. I said we would not double-up, but...

      Delete
    2. There are graphic novels out?! I need to add these to my classroom library!

      Delete
    3. Yes!! There are only four out in that format now, the grizzly attack one just came out I think in May. I am guessing they are releasing the whole series as graphic novels as well.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!