Friday, June 3, 2022

Eleanor Reads | Bonus Edition: Summer Reading Stash

So Eleanor and I are super blessed for a lot of reasons, but one of our favorites is that we have access to two different library systems where we can find all kinds of treasures.

We live in a town that is surrounded by a big city, yet we have never been annexed as a suburb (thank the Lord! I hate the city we are surrounded by and can't wait to leave this stupid state as soon as Eleanor is old enough). As a result, we get access to the city's system for free because despite being our own town, we have a city zip code (don't ask, I don't get it either).

Anyway, two library systems means TWO SUMMER READING PROGRAMS!

Now that Eleanor and I are officially on summer break TOGETHER as of yesterday (she was done last week, I had two work days this week after Memorial Day on Monday), we wasted no time getting to all our most fave places. Stops of course included libraries to get signed up for this summer's fun. Naturally that also involved Eleanor perusing the stacks for a while, despite my saying just a few weeks ago that we have to get through some of the piles she has around our living room, on-and-by her bed, and her crammed onto her nightstand. As you can tell by the picture, my words were not taken seriously.


Not only that, but some of the books she grabbed are part of a series, so naturally once she realized that, I had to log into the website and put holds on the ones she's missing. Safe to say she will be reading up a storm this summer.

And if you still have any doubts, the librarian gave her the 7th-12th grade reading record instead of her actual grade level because, of course.

It's safe to say we will be doing a lot of read-and-walks, a lot of lounging by the pool and reading, and definitely some reading inside when it is so miserably humid out that we might actually melt.

Hooray for Summer Vacation!

Happy Reading,
Eleanor and Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for Summer! Not 100% sure we'll get one this year but at least I can stay inside... and READ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has been super weird the last few months, since December. Crazy strong winds and wind advisories. School was even called off for a day because winds were expected to get so bad around the time school would be letting out, which would put the kids riding school buses in danger. Sure enough, the sirens started going off right at 4 that day, exactly when we would have been loading buses.

      Aside from that it will just be stupid hot and stupid humid here like every summer. Lots of time spent at the pool, methinks.

      Delete
  2. Summer and reading go so well together. :) And ooh Zoo caught my eye- I watched a season or two of the show a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea it was a show. Not sure if Eleanor does. We may have to search out more volumes if that is the case!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes! That was a free book choice when she signed up for summer reading. I remember as a kid the covers scared us so much, we would always leave the books face down, or we would put post-its on the illustrations, lol

      Delete
  4. Yay to summer break!!!! I too just went on break and my body knows it. My plan was to kick up my feet and start catching up on my reading but nope...sleep it is. Who would have thought that 1.5+ hour naps are amazing? lol

    Anywho, how exciting that you and your daughter are doing the summer reading program! It sounds like you two are going to have a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have napped so much in the last week, lol. My body definitely needed the rest too and I could probably fall asleep right now if I laid down on the couch for a minute.

      We are very excited to get reading...she's already crossed three hours off her list of reading time. I have a feeling she will be done before JUne is even over!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!