I am super excited to get to participate for a second week in a row, for The Broke and The Bookish Top Ten Tuesday.
This week's prompt: August 9: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND -- go back and do a topic you missed over the years or recently or a topic you really want to revisit.
So I went back through and found one that was perfect for me, because I love beautiful covers and it is totally possible for non-fiction books to have A-MAY-ZING covers. This is the prompt from 3-6-12, titled "Top Ten Favorite Covers". Here you go, behold the stunning visual displays of some of my most favorite, in no particular order.
1. So simple, but so beautiful. I love everything about this one (except John himself, because he was a terrible king and nearly ruined the Plantagenet empire), but the lettering, the seal, it is all wonderful.
2. I know, I know. I used this book last week also, but can you really blame me?
3. I am kid of a sucker for books having to do with the White House. I really like this one because it incorporates the gardens too and that shot of the house, beautiful.
4. This one is hauntingly beautiful, especially if you know the story of Huguette Clark and her life - especially because it is one of the few photos of her and perhaps one of the last ever taken.
6. Love this shot of old-time Monte Carlo, the black and white photo that gives way to that bright blue sky; it really pops.
7. I did mention in my last Top Ten Tuesday post that I love NYC and this should further solidify that. I am really a fan of the black and white covers with a splash of color, something this book and St Marks is Dead both do really well.
8. Love this one for the entwining of the red and white roses, symbolizing the houses Lancaster and York. The Battle of Bosworth, and Henry Tudor's win and marriage to Elizabeth of York, would bring the houses together and finally end the Wars of the Roses
9. Another simple but very effective cover.
10. I utterly adore Scotland. I can't wait to go back again and again. I purchased this book, among many others, when Mom and I went in 2009 and whenever I especially miss it, I pull out books like this and look at the beautiful photos of this beautiful country.
So, fellow readers, what topic did you choose for the Top Ten Tuesday Rewind this week?? Leave a link to your blog with your comment so I can check yours out too!
I need to read that Reflections of Scotland!!ReplyDelete
It is beautiful, the photos are amazing. I have a couple books like that of both Ireland and Scotland that I got on those trips there. They are very comforting when I miss it more than usual!!Delete
I love your blog name.ReplyDelete
I haven't read any of the books on this list but they all look interesting. My post here: https://runwright.net/2016/08/09/books-as-bandaids/
I'm following you now. Hope you'll follow me too so we can chat about books some more.
Thank you! It came about by accident, because when I was first starting my blog all the cute and catchy names I came up with were already in use. I was so frustrated, all I could think was, "All the book blog names are taken, what am I going to call this thing?!" And the rest is history :)Delete
I love non-fiction and have found it tough to find/keep an audience because my interests are kind of specific. But luckily I have some awesome bloggers I've met on Twitter who have helped me immensely. Thank you for stopping by, I have followed you as well so we can keep up on one another's blogs.
I love that you focused on nonfiction. I am slowly putting together a nonfiction tag, as I realized that although I read mostly fiction, a lot of my recent favorites (and lifetime favorites) have been non!ReplyDelete
Hi Wendy, thank you for stopping by! I absolutely love non-fiction and it is pretty much all I read these days. I find that fiction does not interest me the way it used to, though I sill read it occasionally. What non-fiction topics interest you?Delete
I really like that cover for Making Monte Carlo! :)ReplyDelete
Check out my TTT.
Hi Lauren, thanks for stopping by. I really loved that one too. I could have probably chosen 20 more cover for this TTT; it was hard but I try to stick to ten. I'll definitely check yours out!Delete