Thank you the The Broke and the Bookish (link in the above TTT graphic) for another fun topic for the week!
So, I pretty much have a TBR list that I could never possibly hope to conquer. it kind of makes me sad to think there are books I will never get to read. I try to hold off a while on adding new books (BookBub is a huge problem for me), but that never lasts long no matter how hard I try. All of the following books are ones I have added within the last month or so, in no particular order. The majority are not new books, but those I have come across based on my non-fiction interests as I amass a bigger and bigger TBR list.
1. I dig Feinstein because I like his writing style and I love sports. He's a great writer and one I never tire of reading. I honestly don't know how I missed this one. Date added: 10-31-16
2. Somehow this one escaped my attention as well. But I scooped it up at one of our awesome museums a few weeks ago after meandering my way through the exhibit 'The Rise and Fall of Prohibition'. If you find this exhibit coming to a museum near you in the future, go see it, it is so completely engrossing. Date Added: 10-16-16
3. I have been waiting for this one and am happy to say that I only have a few more weeks to go. Date Added: 10-15-16
4. I have a confession to make - I am not exactly a die-hard Stephen King fan. I have read surprisingly little of his work. However, he happens to be the author of one of my all-time favorite books, The Shining. So, I figured perhaps it is time to get to know the genius behind the greatest horror novel of all time. Date Added: 11-3-16
5. I dig sports, which I might have mentioned a few books ago. I also dig Nike, and was the only brand I wore when I played basketball. Also, Michael Jordan = G.O.A.T. and I assume he may figure into the story here and there... Added: 10-31-16
6. As a mother to a young Mighty Girl, I am increasingly interested in the women who played crucial roles in the development of our space program. I've read several books by those connected specifically to the Apollo 13 mission, but none by women who deserve to have their voices heard too. I so wish I had been alive in those days when going into space was a big deal, that is was still a wonder and something to marvel at. Now we seem to take that ability for granted. I would love to see NASA funding regain priority and see what wonders there are out there, waiting for us to discover them. Date Added: 10-31-16
7. I am endlessly fascinated by so many of our presidents and am trying to expand by knowledge to ALL presidents, regardless of the fact that perhaps they and I do not see eye to eye on issues. I find the view point of a Secret Service agent especially intriguing and am definitely looking forward to this one. Date Added: 10-31-16
8. Robber Barons and the Gilded Age never cease to amaze me - something you might have noticed if you saw my TTT list last week. What a time to be alive. But also to not be alive, you know, on account of the not being able to vote thing. Date Added: 10-29-16
9. Without getting too political, I am highly alarmed also by the fact that a figure in the public arena, running for the highest office in the land, of the greatest country in the world, is part of this problem. It is not a new problem, of course, but the millions of supporters are certainly signifying their acceptance of this as normal and it is not. It is NEVER the survivor's fault, no matter how much she or he has had to drink, what she or he is wearing, or the time of night she or he was walking home. NEVER. As a mother to a young girl, it completely terrifies me and breaks my heart that this is the world she is growing up in. Date Added: 10-21-16
10. I am interested to see if there is a take on single moms, or if this is strictly about single, unmarried, childless women. I think there are many women who were born to be mothers but not wives, and am very interested to see if that is addressed. Date Added: 10-31-16
Side Note: Halloween was apparently a REALLY good book-find day for me. Leave a note and let me know what you think - and a link to your list so I can see how many more books I need to add to my TBR list.