Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Books From The Backlog #35



Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
6484128

Why did I add The History of the Medieval World to my TBR?

This is exactly my most favorite time period. (Though I do also love the UK before Roman Britain was a thing.) It is actually kind of a shock that I have not read this one yet. I'll get to it, eventually.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

11 comments:

  1. I really should read more history. I hope you enjoy this one, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this looks good. Fascinating period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not on my tbr but i hope you enjoy it
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love seeing people focus on books that have been sitting on their shelves for awhile. As book bloggers, many of us tend to focus on new releases only. We always have to have that next new book. That's why we're creating our own little backlist-type feature and we're going to focus on many of the amazing books we've loved that aren't quite new :)

    Happy reading!
    Megan | Ginger Mom & Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Luckily the majority of books I read are non-fictions, which take a bit more time to write, with all the research, so I am not constantly having to be reading the latest and putting up those reviews at the expense of everything else.

      Delete
  5. This one is new to me, but I have more than few other medieval works on my own TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more also. I am trying to determine which one are worth reading at this point, and which ones I can by-pass; there are SO. MANY.

      Delete
  6. That is also an interesting period for me, though I have not read that one. This week I want to promote The Thrall's Tale by Judith Lindbergh. Historical fiction set in the Viking age featuring the women! I have had it on my shelf for several years and have promised myself I will get to it this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!