Monday, February 3, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My TBR I Predict Will Be 5-Star Reads



Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's topic is books I am 99.99999999% sure I will love, otherwise known as likely five-star reads.

47808720 I seriously can not tell you how excited I am that there will be a new Wayside School adventure. I LOVED these books when I was a kid. Eleanor and my students love them now. Such a great series!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dan Jones and Marina Amaral. Duh. 48551229. sy475

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

18813949 I love Casting Crowns, and I am really excited to read this, as Thrive is my fave CC song and the book is written by the lead singer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I love reading about LGBTQIA+ history, the tragedies and triumphs that built a movement that could not be ignored in the fight for equality for ALL.
39863463. sy475

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

40523438. sy475  It took me about fifteen years to be able to read anything about September 11. Now, I can't stop. I want to know every story, every person, to help carry on their memories.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can't imagine losing a loved-one to AIDS. The advancements made since it first reared its ugly head are mind-blowing, but the costs of medications are still too great.
29429295

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Obviously this is not the cover (and Karen McManus gave me permission to post a placeholder). OBVIOUSLY this book must be on a list about likely 5-star reads.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's my man, Big Ticket, #21 for the T-Wolves, KG, Kevin Garnett on the cover.
25776108

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

47355586 Such a terrible war, completely ravaged the country. But if it had never happened, we might never have known who Eleanor of Aquitaine was, so...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My childhood was drastically different in the time Before Jacob compared to the time After Jacob. This case has haunted two generations of Minnesotans, both parents and children in that time, when he vanished without a trace. After 27 years, in August of 2016, Jacob's long-suspected murderer led investigators to his body and his parents were finally able to bring their son home. If you are unfamiliar with the case, you can find a timeline of events here. 27652914

Are any of these on your TBR? Any that weren't, but are now? Let me know!

Happy Reading!
Sarah

30 comments:

  1. Sarah----Go back to Artsy Reader Girl and correct your link. You have a redirect in your link that takes the person to Twitter where Republicans are making fun of Democrats. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already fixed it, no need to speak to me like I am a child being scolded, especially on my own blog. I have no idea what link it would have been that would be making fun of Democrats, the last link I was posting elsewhere before TTT was Maddow reading a statement about the delay of Iowa caucus results. And I am infinitely more likely to make fun of Republicans anyway, so...

      Delete
    2. Sorry to weigh in but it looks like it's fixed now, and I think it was the Maddow link? Something about a statement and Brian Williams making a comment, so yeah... I think you're good.

      Delete
    3. Don't be sorry, you are not the one in the wrong here, Greg. I am almost 100% positive it was the Maddow link so I have no idea what she is talking about. And anyone who has spent five seconds talking about politics with me knows the last thing I would ever post is something like Republicans making fun of Democrats. Plus, you know, you didn't come in here trying to be bossy and rude, so there's that going for you also. Thanks for checking on the link, friend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I was so psyched to find this out, I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  3. McManus!!! *nods* also Dan Jones is doing WWi/ WWII looks like? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited for the new book from Jones/Amaral. The photos are stunning, the way she is able to colorize and bring the images so beautifully to life. And Dan doesn't do too poorly with written content ;)

      And of course, THE COUSINS!

      Delete
  4. A lot of these are new to me but I’ve added Thrive! I like CC! Hope these live up to your expectations. 😊

    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Brooklyn Was Queer sounds like such a good read.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I am really interested in great reads about LGBTQIA+ in earlier time periods. I can't imagine what it would have been like when the community had no rights at all, though many days it is exhausting to think we still have so far to go in true equality for all.

      Delete
  6. The Cousins will be a 5 star read for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look like some great books, especially thrive. love that cover. hope they all work for you
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely excited for a new Wayside; I forgot about that! And the Jacob Wetterling book looks interesting -- I went to college in the town where he disappeared, and the case always got under my skin, especially because it had gone unsolved for so long by that point. It looks like the author has another book published more recently; would be interesting to compare his takes before and after the case was officially solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What years did you attend college there? I lived in Minnesota nearly all my life, until I went away for college. Those first days after he went missing were awful, and I knew something was very wrong, even though I was only six. It was obvious by how adults were handling the news and information, and hearing bits and pieces as they were trying not to scare us. I was definitely not allowed to run down the block to my best friend's house - literally four houses away and INTO the cul-de-sac (we lived on the corner lot) - for a long time. And we didn't even live in St Joseph. I didn't know there was a new publication, I will be looking for that one also, thank you!

      Delete
  9. All of these books sound great. I hope they all turn out to be 5 star reads. Happy reading!

    https://taysinfinitethoughts.blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you were able to get permission from Karen McManus to include her book on your list. 9/11 has been in a few books that I have read but I don't think I have picked anything up knowing it would be included. It is just too hard to even think about all these years later. I hope you enjoy all of these books, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew 100% I had to include the book but it would have felt weird if I made an image for it, no matter how plain, without asking her if that was okay. I didn't really know the etiquette for that, so I am glad I asked because I KNOW that book will be amazing!

      With September 11, I feel like ones I opened that floodgate and was ready to read about it, there is now no end in sight. There are so many stories and I don't even know a fraction of them. Every single person who died that day at the hands of those monsters deserves their name to be known and I know that is not necessarily realistic, but I am doing my best!

      Delete
  11. I'm adding When Brooklyn Was Queer to my tbr right now. Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you love them!
    I didn't know that Dan Jones wrote about WWI/II! He's very much medieval history in my head...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicci! He doesn't typically, but he also did the text for The Color of Time (their first collaboration). It was stunning, if you have not had a chance to see the book yet. Amaral's work is so beautiful. I definitely don't think he would be writing about these periods on his own as full length books, he is very much medievalish, but they make a great team. I wonder how they came to work on these projects together?

      Delete
  13. So glad you have so many great books to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!