Monday, February 24, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday | Characters I’d Follow On Social Media



Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

My list will be a small mix of characters and historical figures because let's face it, I do not read enough fiction to be able to come up with ten characters I would be interested in enough to harass follow on social media.

Eleanor of Aquitaine
1124 - 1204
Queen of France and England
Obviously. I mean, I named my daughter after her. I would not be naming my only child after just anyone, and this bad-ass queen is special. Calling her the 'Grandmother of Europe' is not wrong. She was an intelligent, capable ruler, and had no qualms about getting shit done.

Bronwyn Rojas, Nate Macauley
One of Us is Lying, One of Us is Next
These two. Like, I feel like I am a young adult again when I read these books because I LOVE NATE AND BRONWYN SO MUCH AND THEY ARE THE BEST COUPLE EVER. I am not a young adult however, I am a late 30s adult. Even so, I love all these characters so much, but Nate and Bronwyn together, and Nate in particular because, of course. Although, let's be honest, Nate does not give a shit and would not even use social media.

William Shakespeare
Do I really need to list his works?
Oh, the puns! Oh, the innuendos! He would easily be my fave Twitter-follow ever. And he would have a field day with the political climate today.

Jo March
Little Women, Little Men, Jo's Boys
From a young age, when I first read Little Women (around ten maybe?) I wanted to BE Jo March. I wanted to go off to a big city and write for a newspaper and write my books and live in a little apartment and it all sounded so wonderful. She also would have much to say about the current state of the US, I think.


Leave a comment and a link to your TTT, and I will be sure to check it out.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

32 comments:

  1. Brownwyn and Nate. That whole crew actually would be a scream on social media. But yeah Nate wouldn't give two fucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind the originals and Maeve. I don't have anything against Knox or Phoebe, I am just partial to the four. Well, three because Nate would never use Twitter or Facebook even if he had an account.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Shakespeare. He would DEFINITELY have a field day with today's political climate. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a field day with anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Shakespeare is a great choice! Wish I'd thought of him, too. :)

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't he just be a scream? And half the time people would not even know he was insulting them because they wouldn't understand what he was saying or what he meant. I am thinking in particular of a giant orange buffoon...

      Delete
  4. Ooh yes, Bronwyn and Nate would be great people to follow on social media! I really loved them together as well :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they THE BEST??!! *Sigh* I want a third book! Nate would never use social media even if he had it, but I would follow just in case one day he decided to say something

      Delete
  5. Nice list! I'd definitely follow Shakespeare and Jo March! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the list. Can you even imagine Shakespeare on twitter OMG!

    Here is Mine: https://fangirlpixieblog.com/2020/02/25/top-ten-tuesday-8/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eleanor of Aquitaine would be interesting to follow. I don't typically follow celebrities, except for authors, a few politicians, and a few news people. Eleanor would be able to share what's going on in the world. And Shakespeare would be great too. I wonder what he'd be producing today if he was still alive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow many celebs either, I can't think of any off the top of my head besides fave authors and Bernie Sanders. I would love Eleanor's perspective on pretty much everything.

      Delete
  8. i've enjoyed seeing what everyone is sharing for this meme
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even think about the Bard!

    Here's my list: https://speedyreadercom.wordpress.com/2020/02/25/10-characters-i-would-follow-on-social-media/

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! I love your One of Us Is Lying pick! I wish I would have thought of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind all four, and Maeve too. I don't mind Knox and Phoebe, I am just partial to the originals, even though Nate would never actually use social media

      Delete
  11. I've always been a sucker for puns, so yes, Shakespeare would be fun.

    Here's my list: https://lampshadereader.com/2020/02/25/top-10-tuesday-characters-id-follow-on-social-media/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo was one of mine too! I cannot believe I didn't list Shakespeare. I would totally follow him too! Here's my list! https://bygloryalone.blogspot.com/2020/02/top-ten-tuesday-day-late-characters-id.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad there is a fellow Jo-appreciator out there. She was my idol growing up.

      Delete
  13. Eleanor is one of my favorite historical figures and yes, she would definitely light up social media, as would Shakespeare. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hands-down, if I had access to a time machine and knew I could safely come home, I would go back to the 1100s in a heartbeat just to meet her.

      Delete
  14. I can just imagine Shakespeare's twitter feed! Nice choices, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't think of Shakespeare, but I agree with you. I love this topic.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this one really got people going! I would play but my brain is tired this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me some time, and I had to really think for a while also. I honestly do not interact with tons of people on Twitter, and don't follow many who I have nothing in common with, So, my list was much shorter than others, but there were some really incredible, creative lists.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!