Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Book Review | A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America

48383751. sy475

Rating: ...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck..........

Honestly, I don't even know how to rate it at this point. I will say that of the books I have read so far regarding this joke of an 'administration', it is one of the best. Aside from Bob Woodward's Fear: Inside the Trump White House, this is the only one I have read so far that is actually written with journalistic integrity.

It's all still a bunch of bullshit, but we will get to that in a minute.

First, I would like to reiterate once again that if you have to repeatedly tell people that you are a genius because otherwise they would not know it by your words and actions, then you are not, in fact a genius. And in this case specifically, you are a fucking moron who was propelled to the presidency by a bunch of other morons and a media that would not stop shining a light on your circus.

Back to the 'bullshit' part now. I think it is absolutely terrible that these people are willing to speak out after they're gone from trump's inner circle, by their own doing or otherwise. That's nothing but cowardice, I don't care how much you say you covertly you repeatedly swiped things off trump's desk because he is an idiot who will sign anything put in front of him. 

Nothing here is too new or surprising, although the update from Woodward's Fear is that we get that start of the attempted Ukraine bribery. We get more details of the behind-the-scenes stuff, more of the direct conversations, but nothing new or earth shattering. This will be one of the text books used when colleges start offering courses on how democracies fall apart when you let a giant orange man-child and his grifter children occupy the highest office in the land.

One thing I did appreciate was clarity on the whole Mueller Report and Barr's release of the stupid memo that actually said nothing close to the truth and presented a 'conclusion' with no context. The situation was made much clearer and I am shocked that Mueller's people declined to read what was written before Barr put it out there. That is a whole lot of trust that does not surprise me, because Mueller expects things to work in a trustworthy and appropriate way. But that's not what happened at all though, because we are dealing with an 'administration' that is anything but trustworthy and appropriate, so it looks like the investigation was all for naught, even though it is beyond a shadow of a doubt obvious that trump is guilty as fuck and should have been removed from office by our worthless Congress.

So in the end, have at it or don't. If you are a trump supporter I don't even know what you are doing here to begin with. If you are not, you might find the book of interest, and/or you might end up paying damage fees to the library because of how many times you slammed it against a wall.

2 comments:

  1. How high will your damage fees be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, had I not controlled myself, I would have probably ended up just having to buy the book due to it being so damaged beyond repair. Then I would have promptly brought it home and set it on fire.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!