Friday, July 1, 2022

Eleanor Reads! | June Edition

 

Each month Eleanor and I share the chapter books we read. We've been reading chapter books since before Kindergarten and her attention span as a four year old was definitely something to brag about. Eleanor was born a reader and that makes my heart so, so happy.

I am making a couple changes because Eleanor is becoming a more independent reader at home. She has no problem plowing through books at school, but at home she prefers I read to her while she is drawing, painting, working on a science project, etc. Plus, who doesn't also love being read to at bedtime?

Currently Reading Together
If you work with younger children, I highly recommend Something Bad Happened. I reviewed it as an ARC a couple years ago and purchased it after Uvalde. It has been tremendously helpful for Eleanor to cope with and understand our stupid, fucked-up country right now. We read a chapter or a section at a time. It can be overwhelming to think about otherwise.

Read Together


Currently Reading Independently*
*Eleanor has begun reading more than one book at a time. I can't imagine where she got that idea from.

Eleanor's Independent Reads

Eleanor's DNFs


Do the kiddos in your life have an interest in any of these?


Happy Reading,
Eleanor and Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!