Thursday, July 14, 2022

First Line Friday #133

  

First Line Friday is hosted once again by Carrie at Reading is my Superpower. You can visit HERE to go directly to the FLF page of her blog.

Playing along is easy: open the book nearest you and share the first line. Then check out the link to see the other first lines posted this week.


Some people attracted death.

I loved The Ivies (and I will review it! I promise!) and knew I had to try for this one as soon as I saw it on NetGalley. Luckily I was approved and I love every second of it. I will be posting the review closer to the pub date, which is set for October 4th.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and leave a link to your FLF so I can stop by to see what you've posted this week.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I think those people need to think about changing their anti-perspirant!

    "Seen from the top of the stairs in the main concourse of New York's Grand Central Terminal, swarms of people whirl and eddy under the famous four-faced clock." The Human Swarm - How Our Societies Arise, Thrive, and Fall by Mark W Moffett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first line comes from Heirlooms by Sandra Byrd:
    March 1958
    Helen Devries carefully removed her nurse’s cap, fluffing her platinum , back combed bouffant, crackling the Aqua Net laquering it in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!
    I’m just starting Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham, so I’ll share a line from there.
    “For the entire afternoon, I waited for a summons to meet with Mrs. Vanderbilt, but the fateful moment never came.”
    I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, it flew by so fast! School is coming all too quickly for my liking.

      Delete
  4. My first line is from A Need to Protect by Susanne Dietze: https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/07/15/a-need-to-protect/

    Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!