Thursday, August 18, 2022

First Line Friday #138

 

First Line Friday is hosted once again by Carrie at Reading is my Superpower. You can visit HERE to go directly to the FLF page of her blog.

Playing along is easy: open the book nearest you and share the first line. Then check out the link to see the other first lines posted this week.


Five children found the skull on the riverbank.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and leave a link to your FLF so I can stop by to see what you've posted this week.

Happy Reading!
Sarah 

12 comments:

  1. Some 'light' reading from me, too.....

    "The fighter jets are breaking the dark sky into giant geometric pieces as if the air were a solid object. It's 15 July 2016; the night of the attempted coup in Turkey." How to Lose a Country - The Seven Steps from Democracy to Dictatorship by Ece Temelkuran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, right?! Why are we so serious when it comes to our reading selectons? lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds intense! I hope you enjoy it! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/08/first-line-friday-60-whispers-from.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read, but totally baflling and heartbreaking how it all happened. I am not even sure how to review it!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!
    I'm just beginning Harvest Moon by Denise Hunter.
    "It was not the sort of day when bad things happened. Eighty degrees. September breeze. Sky expanding, wide and blue, above a canopy of trees. Air thick with the fresh smell of pine and the loamy scent of earth. It was a perfect Saturday."
    That does sound like a perfect day! I hope you have an excellent weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first line is from Deception by Patricia Bradley:
    Today was not a good day to die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently reading A Refuge of Convenience by Kathy Geary Anderson and the first line is: Jonas was dead.
    Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that first line grabbed my attention for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!