Saturday, June 22, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #293

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Reading Reality. It is a chance to showcase all the goodies you've collected throughout the week, whether they're bought on-line or in-store, an ARC or a final copy, borrowed from a friend or the library, physical or digital, etc

Gift


Do I have the sweetest kiddo or what? One of the prizes for completing the summer reading program at the library is a coupon to get a book from the library book sale. She looked through the stacks and surprised me with this one because, "Mom, you like murder and ghosts". That I do my dear, that I do.

NetGalley ARC

Library Treasures

Happy Reading
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. These look good. And how lovely that you got a present.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/06/22/stacking-the-shelves-childrens-edition-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's a sweet gift. The best ones are where people really show they know us, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read more Harlan Coben books. How sweet that your daughter got it for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first of his that I have read. I could definitely see him being an author I could get into, especially as a kind of break between the heavy non-fiction that I typically read.

      Delete
  4. Two of each this week from me. But I'm confident you're safe!

    Fiction:

    The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
    Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers

    Non-Fiction:

    The Last Viking - The True Story of King Harald Hardrada by Don Hollway
    The Last Emperor of Mexico - A Disaster in the New World by Edward Shawcross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safe from Vikings?!?! The Last Emporer good be interesting, but I will wait for your review on that one.

      Delete
  5. Aw, that was super sweet of your daughter! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got a nice stack of reads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fun with The House of Last Resort too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!