Friday, October 18, 2019

Stacking the Shelves #66

My mom, Eleanor, and I returned this week from a wonderful trip Colorado celebrating the wedding of two people we love very much, along with their sweet baby girl who I got to cuddle all weekend. I will be getting around to everyone and posting some pictures from our adventures. I am not what one would consider an "outdoor girl", but I deeply and fiercely love the Rocky Mountains. I am so happy I got to share the experience with my mom of introducing Eleanor to such a majestic landscape for the first time.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature co-hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It is a chance to showcase all the goodies you've collected throughout the week, whether they're bought on-line or in-store, an ARC or a final copy, borrowed from a friend or the library, physical or digital, etc.

Vacation Treasures
26336943 109809    Image result for abner sprague memoirs of an estes park frontiersman

What did you add to your stash this week?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Intriuged by "Soiled Doves"!

    I checked out Agatha Christie's "Hallowe'en Party" and finished it last night. not as interesting as I expected, at least towards the end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw, I read your review a bit ago! I am debating how spectacularly I would fail if I created an AC challenge for myself, since I have only ever read And Then There Were None and don't want anything to ruin that.

      Delete
    2. I'm intending to read all of her Miss Marple stories... eventually!

      Delete
    3. Some day we can do a Buddy Read and go through the whole series. Some day. When my TBR is cleared. So...like ten years??

      Delete
  2. As I've been away there's nothing from me this week... I'll probably make up for it at some point though.... [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds so great! After last week's binge, only 1 book in this week, a picture book from the library called Golem. The plan is to complete my study of 1990s Caldecott Medal winners this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so wonderful! I will be posting pictures soon. I have been in love with Colorado for many years and loved showing Eleanor the beauty of the mountains.

      Delete
  4. Ooh nice Colorado focus this week! They Weren't All Prostitutes and Gamblers that title cracks me up.

    Glad you had a nice trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, it was so hard to come back to reality! I am not a nature girl, but I adore the mountains forever and ever.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I am almost done with the last of my library books and will be getting to the Colorado ones next. I too think the title is quite funny.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!