Saturday, December 30, 2023

2023 Reading Goals Revisited


I don't really know if I should bother with these anymore, since I think it is unrealistic for me to believe I will ever get all my reviews done. On the other hand, I might, right?

HA!

1. Read 250 books - Same as last year, though I passed this by 54 books in 2022.
Verdict: PASSED! Surpassed this goal by a handful or so this year. Not nearly as many as in 2022, but still met it!

2. Get my TBR below 2,000 books - This is doable, especially if I read more books from my backlog this year, which is my next goal. Plus it is time for another culling of the list to see what I am no longer interested in reading.
Verdict: SO CLOSE! I am currently at 2100-ish books and I know I can get this one done in 2024.

3. Read more from my backlog - I went on massive YA thriller binges this year and I am not sorry at all. I read some really great fucking YA books and look forward to more in 2023...as long as I balance it more efficiently with what is on my TBR.
Verdict: LOL. Not even close. Almost as big of a failure as my thinking I would get more reviews written in 2023.

4. Write some reviews - Seriously. ANY REVIEWS. I started getting more comfortable with mini reviews last year, so I do think this will go much more smoothly in 2023.
Verdict: LOLx2. This was an absolute failure and I am not even one bit sorry.

Have you set any goals for yourself this year? Let me know!

Happy Reading,
Sarah

12 comments:

  1. YA thrillers are still the jam when they're good. Any thrillers! My reading choices have changed so much since I blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! Remember when I was a big snob and only read non-fiction? Then you and Karen McManus came along, and here we are :P

      Delete
  2. Sarah, I do realize that I am a relatively slow reader but I do not understand how you managed to read 250 books! Nevertheless, congratulations on your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to read more slowly with non-fiction to really take in all the information. Fiction I can breeze through in a couple hours, especially YA. I read a lot more fiction this year. Whenever Eleanor has to go to her father's, I spend a lot of that time reading and doing blog stuff because it makes the time go by faster until she is home again. I would not read like this is she were home, and if I had sole physical custody, my goal would have to be a lot smaller, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Good goals. I especially like "3. Read more from my backlog". I must do that. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to participate in Books From the Backlog over at Carole's Random Life and I am going to start doing that again to help with this one.

      Delete
    2. Might be a good idea but I am determined not to join any new challenges. I see too many good books when I participate. LOL

      Delete
    3. A lot of the participants seems to read fiction, so for me there is little chance of me adding too many.

      Delete
    4. That's a good point. But since I read both, I am always in danger.

      Delete
    5. For sure. Definitely a good danger. And even if I ever don't get to read all my books on my TBR pile, I have supported an author.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!