Okay, so I am kind of a dolt.
Tonight as I was tidying up some things around the blog, I noticed one of my pages had an uneven number of comments. Uneven numbers bother me. I can't explain why. So I took a look and discovered a comment way back from APRIL 9TH by a fellow blogger, Nicole @ The Christian Fiction Girl, nominating me for this award! Nicole is such a gem and I enjoy her blog and reviews, though our genres do not typically overlap. She has great insights and we have bonded over the joys and pains of being public educators. I was surprised to see this, but grateful that Nicole took the time to nominate me. Thank you Nicole!
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to recognize blogs that are unique in their content, and have high quality writing and/or photography, as well as to "honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then."
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog
- Nominate blogs (up to 15) that you've recently discovered or that you follow regularly
- Share seven interesting things about yourself that people might not know
Seven Facts About Me
1. I played basketball from YEARS. When I was in 9th grade, one of the boys' varsity coaches told them and me that I had the best jump shot he'd ever seen.
2. I am an only child...and so is my daughter.
3. I have never broken a significant bone in my entire life...but I have broken those tiny, tiny bones in my baby toes more times than I can count - mostly because of fact #1
4. I don't like odd numbers, as you read up there ↑
5. I am going into my 7th year as a teacher of Special Education, in a self-contained classroom for students in 3rd-5th grade who are verified as having an Emotional Disturbance. Often there are other diagnoses accompanying the ED, such as specific learning disabilities, ADHD, ODD, etc. My Bachelor's Degree is in Elementary Education with a concentration in Language Arts. My Master's Degree is in Special Education, with endorsements in Behavior Disorders, Learning Disabilities, and Mild/Moderate Disabilities
6. My favorite movies are The Godfather, Jurassic Park, and Newsies.
7. I can quote the entire series of F·R·I·E·N·D·S pretty much, and a couple of my obsessive besties and I have been known to have entire conversations just using quotes from the show.
Thank you again Nicole for the award!