After careful consideration, and the realization that some of my goals last year were simply not going to happen (helloooo presidents!), I am choosing to be a bit more realistic in 2019.
1. Finish My Book - This is my #1 priority. It was for a good long while last year, but I did get discouraged at times with the barriers in my way, some of which I don't know how to overcome. But I am going to finish up the first draft and get it submitted, because I can't move on to the next step if I stay in the same place!
2. Read 250 Books - Let's be honest here, I can't not read every day and setting the goal so low last year was a bad move on my part. I will continue to be more selective in which books I will review, but that is doable.
3. Participate in Memes and Features Again - The start of this school year was absolutely awful, for a variety of reasons. I was so burned out, all I wanted to do was go home, snuggle my babe and play, then read read read after she went to bed. I did not do much with my blog at all and in 2019 I feel like that can change. I won't be doing EVERY feature EVERY week, but it will be nice to be involved again. One that I plan to start in January is a 'Tackling the TBR' type feature. I borrowed the idea from Chuckles, who I adore. Check out her blog HERE, and see her Reading Challenges for the year. This will definitely help me to focus on the books I have, and try to whittle down that list from 3,914 to something a little less scary. There may also be some on my Kindle that I forgot to add to my TBR, so a better estimate is probably over 4,000. As you can see, this personal challenge is desperately needed.
4. Don't Let ARCs Get Out Of Control - Seems easy, doesn't it? Well, it's not! Especially when you have publishers sending you treasures all the time, and get easily suckered into perusing NetGalley for hours. Evelina @ Avalinah's Books will definitely help again this year!
5. Make PROGRESS on My President Reading Goal - And who knows, maybe with the pressure off of having to read about ALL of them, I will be more inclined to do so.
6. REVIEWS! I have to do better with this, to stay current. I have let myself get super far behind, as you can see on my Upcoming Review page. It isn't just a little, I am SUPER far behind. I did make progress over the last month though, as there used to be nearly 60 books on the list. My goal is to get this down to ten, and never have more than ten waiting - less if I can!
What are your reading goals for 2019? Leave a link to your post and let me know what you will be up to in the new year.