Thursday, May 21, 2020

Books From The Backlog #47


Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
7968005

Why did I add Medieval Intrigue to my TBR?

Because who doesn't love a good royal conspiracy? Mortimer is also one of my fave historians.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Love that cover!....and the title....and the premise....can't go near it though, too many books already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come now, you've seen my TBR week after week - and my new additions all the time. Surely you can add one more to yours...lol

      Delete
  2. is he any relation to that evil Mortimer that helped murder Richard 2 (or 3, i forget...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, that's a great question! I shall have to investigate. We don't know for sure who murdered Richard II after he abdicated. I don't know that I would suspect Henry IV (Bolingbroke) because he stated he would allow Richard to live after Henry himself took the throne. and Richard III was killed on the battlefield.

      Delete
  3. More history! I'm working on some non-fiction myself, and I'm really enjoying the change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought that Medieval and Conspiracy were anagrams...... [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A conspiracy would definitely keep things interesting. I hope you enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are so many intrigues besides The Princes in the Tower (Richard III did it and I don't think I can be convinced otherwise!), and they're every bit as interesting.

      Delete
  6. Political intrigue is always a draw for me and I've heard this author is good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!