Saturday, May 2, 2020

READ FASTER! Third Edition


You can find previous editions of me pouting HERE.

This post is not entirely serious, but maybe a little bit.

Obviously libraries have been closed for quite a while now - going on I think six weeks now? This means there has been a huge increase in the ebook holds, I am sure. I am one of those people requesting now, as I almost never get ebooks. I want physical copies from the library whenever I can get them.

There are a few books I have put in hold requests for, and I am STILL without them. I am pouting and I realize this is an insanely ridiculous #FirstWorldProblem to be complaining about, but I have not yet complained once since this whole thing started - mostly because I love being at home with my baby girl all day.

Books I Am Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting For

1. The Sun Down Motel The Sun Down Motel
Hold Date: March 30th
Starting Position: 19 on 2 copies
Current Position: 10 on 2 copies

This one is dragging on forever. Quarantine will probably end before I even get it.

2. Eight Perfect Murders Eight Perfect Murders
Hold Date: April 11th
Starting Position: 17 on 3 copies
Current Position: 13 on 3 copies

I saw this on Ethan's blog TWO WEEKS AGO and have hardly moved up in the queue at all. In TWO WEEKS! On THREE COPIES!

3. Perfect Little Children Perfect Little Children
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 9 on 2 copies
Current Position: 7 on 2 copies

I actually can't be mad about this one because I just requested it four days ago. I can start to be a little mad because I was at 7 last time I posted about this three days ago.

4. The Woman in Cabin 10 The Woman in Cabin 10
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 24 on 3 copies
Current Position: 19 on 3 copies

I requested this one the same day as #3 because I was told they have a similar feel.

5. Force of Nature Force of Nature
Hold Date: April 21st
Starting Position: 4 on 1 copy
Current Position: 3 on 1 copy

Team-building gone awry? Sure, why not?!

6. This is How I Lied 52000813
Date Requested: May 2nd
Starting Position:  9 on 1 copy
Current Position: 9 on 1 copy

Okay, so I realize in the grand scheme of things this is not a huge issue. But I really want these books, never mind the fact that I have a pile from NetGalley and hundreds of unread books on my Kindle and five-shelf bookcase stacked two and three deep.

#ALLTHEBOOKS!

Happy Reading,
Sarah

20 comments:

  1. You would think - with (apparently) much more time available for such things (if only the lack of commuting) that people would be reading MUCH faster. I know I am......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that a lot of people are working from home, so still working, but thrillers do not take this long! And who is really sitting at their computer for eight hours straight working all day? No one, that's who.

      Delete
  2. That's why I'm happy our new library uses Hoopla! No wait!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?😷 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?? How does that work?? I want that instead of whatever we have!

      Delete
    2. I'm so used to Libby and OverDrive, but Hoopla is SO MUCH BETTER! You just click and BOOM. It's available.

      Delete
    3. Good to know, maybe I will suggest this to my library. There's never more than 2-3 ebooks available so the waits take foreverrrrrr.

      Delete
  3. i had a list of book i fervently desired from the library but i lost it... somewhere over the rainbow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These readers are draaaaaging! At this point I may just need to call you and read Eight Perfect Murders aloud to you lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, seriously. If I do not get ONE of these books within the next week, I am totally taking you up on that, lol

      Delete
  5. How long do you get to keep the books? I can check out books from 2 libraries. I noticed that one gives us 2 weeks and the other 3 weeks. It can take forever to get the books from the 3 week library since I don't think anyone turns them in early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, this is a good question. I don't actually know! Whenever I get an ebook I read that right away so if someone else is waiting, they can get it quicker. But I am also not a jerk when it comes to ebooks, like apparently EVERYONE AHEAD OF ME ON THESE LISTS!!

      Delete
  6. The Sun Down Motel I need NOW. The Woman in Cabin 10 was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun Down is the one I want the most, so it is of course taking the longest.

      Delete
    2. If you're still waiting for Sun Down, maybe check to see if The Broken Girls is available. It was the book that turned me on to her writing and I actually enjoyed it more!

      Delete
    3. I took your advice and am nearly halfway done with it already. I am loving it so far and have no idea yet where everything is going! Well, I have ideas, but I am quite mixed up about some things. I love it!

      Delete
  7. even before this i was on a looooooong hold for michelle obama's book and the last book in the jane hawk series so i know your frustration
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I am not alone in that frustration - I just wish more ebook copies could be made available. ESPECIALLY on really sought-after books, like Becoming.

      Delete
  8. I admit I can't actually remember the last time I used a physical library because we haven't been in one place long enough to make it happen. I did try signing up for the online service when we were in Torbay, but it didn't work. This is probably for the best though because, lije you, I'm not exactly short of books right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you find plenty of books others ways too! I think we have an addiction... :D

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!