Thursday, May 14, 2020

Crazy Town, Revisited

Some of you may recall that a few months ago an author created a major stir on Goodreads and Twitter because of less-than-stellar reviews she received for her book. Due to all the hoopla, I went to Amazon and got a copy for free via Kindle Unlimited. As I was reading the book, I tweeted various quotes. Then I wrote up my review, and that was that.

This week I received a notice from Twitter about removing the Tweets because the author filed a complaint against me. No big deal, they can be removed. In a blog post, however, she made a serious accusation that is not true and I want to address it.

She accuses me of somehow tampering with her book and claims that is how I was able to post the whole thing on Twitter.

WRONG

First of all, I in no way tampered with the book file - I don't even know how that would be possible. I was reading the book on my Kindle because I got the it from KINDLE UNLIMITED, and I used this neat feature on my phone where I talk and it types what I am saying - that is how I tweeted various quotes. Secondly, I did not post anywhere even close to the whole book. That would be completely pointless. I posted quotes as I was reading - much like a reviewer uses quotes in their reviews. 

I considered not addressing this at all, but I am not about to have someone straight-up lying about something I did not do. You may draw your own conclusions about who the author is but please keep it to yourselves. I do not wish to give this any further attention beyond this post and will delete any comments that name her or the book.

Thank you,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. When will her nonsense threats stop???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girrrrrrrrrrl, who knows?! I am just happy to have the truth out there and alive on the Internet, even if no one but us sees it. I know how I got the book (KU) and I know how I tweeted quotes from it (using this fancy fingers on my hands). Ain't nobody got time for nonsense.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that you are having to deal with this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!