Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mary, Queen of Scots

1265630

Rating: 4 Stars

Review:

Mary, Queen of Scots is a figure I know much about and am forever intrigued by. I picked this one up in an effort to see how her story would be told to a YA audience - particularly the more delicate aspects, such as her unhappy marriage to Darnley, Rizzio's murder, and her rape by Bothwell. I feel the authors did a fine job without glossing over these issues. They presented the facts soundly, though at times very simply. This is necessary though, especially if this is meant for those who don't have much knowledge of Mary. As always, I find her life tragic, it will forever baffle me how someone with such intelligence could repeatedly make such poor decisions. She truly went with her heart and not her head in many instances

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!