Thursday, February 29, 2024

Books From The Backlog #62

 


Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week

Why did I add Eleanor the Secret Queen to my TBR?

Because I love messy families and this branch of the Plantagenets is suuuuuuuper messy.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Reading about the Plantagenets is always an interesting enterprise. I haven't read this one but it looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And Richard III was the end of the line. What a way to go out, after 300 years.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I know much about Eleanor. This sounds like it will be an interesting read! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either, I know almost nothing about Eleanor Talbot except that Edward IV might have been married to her, making his marriage to Elizabeth Woodville null and void - thus making their children illigitmate.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, Tudor drama!

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best kind of drama! The Plantagenets and Tudors get SO messy.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!