Sunday, July 12, 2020

Book Talk |Dismantling White Supremacy Day 15

46002342

I began this book last week and would love to have discussions based on the prompts provided within the book. The book is set up so that after each day's reading, there are a handful of prompts to respond to. Feel free to respond to as many or as few as you like. I would love for this to be a discussion and a place where we can learn and grow together. Please be honest, because that is the only way anything will change.

Additionally, I have been compiling a list of books under the #BlackLivesMatter Reading List tab. I am usually adding books daily that I find, or are recommended by others. Please leave a comment on that page if you have titles to add. I hope you can find titles on this list that you will learn from as well.

Day Fifteen Prompts

Allyship - an active, consistent, and challenging practice of unlearning and reevaluating, in which a person of privilege seeks to work in solidarity with a marginalized group (definition given at 49%)

White apathy - the choice to stay in the warm and safe comfort of white supremacy and the privileges it affords (51%); arises as a self-preservation response to protect oneself from having to face your complicity in the oppression that is white supremacy (50%)

1. In what ways have you been apathetic when it comes to racism?

2. In what ways have you observed people who hold white privilege in your communities (family, friends, work) being apathetic when it comes to racism?

Let's talk!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I need to read this book.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fantastic and I highly recommend it. I've finished the book already but will be posting the prompts each day - they go up at 9 AM CST. I will also be adding my answers to previous posts, things just got a little hectic between dance auditions and my daughter's birthday this weekend. You can even go back to the first post and share whatever you feel like from the last two weeks' worth. Glad you saw this!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!