Thursday, July 16, 2020

Books From The Backlog #54


Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
11329709

Why did I add Anne Boleyn: The Young Queen to Be to my TBR?

Because she is an unfortunate part of the Tudor dynasty and I can't not continue to read about her just because I think she is a wench.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. haven't read it. hope you enjoy it
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious! I love reading about the Royals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tudors are really great to read about, so are the Plantagenets. Talk about dysfunction of the highest order.

      Delete
  3. LOL, plugging your nose and taking the dip, heh? I've felt compelled to read a few in my time. Hopefully the writing will really pull you in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of, yes! One of my fave Tudor books is actually Eric Ives' book on Anne Boleyn. He's fantastic and even though she is my least fave of the six, Ives is masterful. I highly recommend it if you have not read it!

      Delete
  4. My book from the backlog this week was Dawn by Octavia Butler. The first time I have read her and why I waited so long, I have no idea. It is the first in a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently had some recommendations for my BLM reading list of Butler books. I will add Dawn to it, if it is not already there - I added a TON this weekend so I can't even remember all of them at this point. Hope you love it!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!