Thursday, July 9, 2020

Books From The Backlog #53


Books from the Backlog, hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books, is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your shelf unread.

I am featuring books in the order that they were added to my Goodreads To-Read shelf, so sometimes there will be a couple weeks in a row of books on the same topic.

Neglected Book of the Week
2290438

Why did I add Tudor Cousins: Rivals for the Throne to my TBR?

Because at any point after Henry VIII died the Tudor reign could have been radically altered from what we know it as today. The possibilities are deliciously endless.

Have you read this book, or is it somewhere on your TBR? If you've read it, would you recommend it to others?

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. deliciously endless...i guess that means you have a taste for the Tudor. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Even if the Plantagenets are my fave dynasty now, the Tudors will always be my first love!

      Delete
  2. I have not read that book. But soon I will read The Mirror and the Light, the final book about Henry and Cromwell by Hilary Mantel.
    Today I am reading a book from my backlog called You Can See More From Up Here by Mark Guerin, a man who published his first novel at an advanced age. I think he is even older than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have steered clear of historical fiction for so long because I really get upset when authors take liberties with real historical people. Do you think Mantel has done so in her novels, or does she stay true to what we know of these very real people?

      Delete
  3. This one does sound "delicious," and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I've actually seen this one at the library and paused over it. I do wonder how things would have shaken out if the monarchy order had changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous! Our library doesn't carry it, though I have found paperbacks pretty cheap on Amazon. It's definitely one I want to get to soon.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!