I began this book last week and would love to have discussions based on the prompts provided within the book. The book is set up so that after each day's reading, there are a handful of prompts to respond to. Feel free to respond to as many or as few as you like. I would love for this to be a discussion and a place where we can learn and grow together. Please be honest, because that is the only way anything will change.
Additionally, I have been compiling a list of books under the #BlackLivesMatter Reading List tab. I am usually adding books daily that I find, or are recommended by others. Please leave a comment on that page if you have titles to add. I hope you can find titles on this list that you will learn from as well.
Day Twenty Prompts
Call in/call outs - methods of calling attention to problematic, harmful, and oppressive behaviors with the ultimate aim being changed behvior and the making of amends (definition at 64%)
1. What have you felt, thought, said, or done when called in/out? How have you centered yourself and your intentions over BIPOC and the impact of your actions?
2. If it has not happened to you yet, how do you think you will react when it happens, based on your level of self-awareness, personal antiracism work, and white fragility?
3. When you have been called out/in, how have you handled apologizing and making amends?
4. What are your biggest fears about being called out/in?
5. Think back over the topics we have covered so far in this book. What behaviors and beliefs most get in your way of being able to respond appropriately to being called out/in?