Saturday, August 8, 2026

Stacking the Shelves #373

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Reading Reality. It is a chance to showcase all the goodies you've collected throughout the week, whether they're bought on-line or in-store, an ARC or a final copy, borrowed from a friend or the library, physical or digital, etc.


Library Treasures

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Nice stack, I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've posted a couple reviews so now I am rewarding myself by reading all of these, lol

      Delete
  2. I've added 'Gales of November' to my Wish List. Loved the song.....

    Indie shopping on Wednesday, so..... I'm afraid that there's a few that might interest you.......

    Fiction:

    The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk
    Dust by Hugh Howey

    Non-Fiction:

    Unknown Pleasures - Inside Joy Division by Peter Hook
    Women of the Raj - The Mothers, Wives and Daughters of The British Empire in India by Margaret Macmillan
    On Intelligence - The History of Espionage and the Secret World by John Huges-Wilson
    First-Class Passengers on a Sinking Ship - Elite Politics and the Decline of Great Powers by Richard Lachmann
    Vikings in the East - From Vladimir the Great to Vladimir Putin: The Origins of a Contested Legacy in Russia and Ukraine by Martyn Whittock
    Swap - A Secret History of the New Cold War by Drew Hinshaw & Joe Parkinson
    Road to Nowhere - What Silicon Valley Gets Wrong about the Future of Transportation by Paris Marx
    How To Stage a Coup and Ten Other Lessons from a World of Secret Stagecraft by Rory Cormac
    Magnificent Women and their Revolutionary Machines by Henrietta Heald
    The Perfect Sword - Forging the Dark Ages by Paul Gething and Edoardo Albert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am choosing to not see any of your non-fiction titles right now :P

      Delete
    2. Probably best.......... [grin]

      Delete
    3. I do really wants Vikings in the East and The Perfect Sword though. And my library doesn't have either. Ugh.

      Delete
  3. I hope you like Tidd's book more than I did! I question her research a lot (as I'll discuss when I post my review) -- short version, she does things like call Geoffrey of Monmouth "Monmouth", which suggests she didn't read a single other source ever and just made it up out of her head, because... that's not how you refer to Geoffrey of Monmouth, because it's not a name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that straight away!! LIke, Monmouth is not his last name...So far, it's okay but not great.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!