Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sports Books

I have a really hard time writing reviews of sports related books. They are among the hardest reviews for me to write, maybe because sports are something I love so much and I just can't quite express all the wonder and loveliness and enjoyment they bring. That being said, I love to read and at least rate them, and highly recommend the following:

1. Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales

Rating: 5 Stars

Summary: Follows the fledgling little network of ESPN from its early days up through the giant it has become today. Great read - who doesn't love SportsCenter?!

2. The Last Great Game: Duke vs. Kentucky and the 2.1 Seconds That Changed Basketball by Gene Wojciechowski

Rating: 5 Stars

Summary: What else can be said about the greatest college basketball game ever? Follows both teams through the tourney (March Madness, or the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament for those of you not familiar with my language) and ends, naturally, in the greatest 2.1 seconds ever played. (GO DUKE!)

3. When March Went Mad by Seth Davis

Rating: 4 Stars

Summary: More March Madness talk, looking at the lives, teams and eventual meeting of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!