Monday, April 27, 2015

Update!

I have certainly fallen off the updating wagon lately and it is because Eleanor and I have been busy discovering the outdoors again now that the weather is getting nicer, as well as reading new books for her. I have also been reading a ton - I am already halfway to my Goodreads goal of 200 books for the year!

Additionally, I have started working on two more book projects of my own, so that brings the total count to three that I have in the works, not counting the murder mystery I have been writing, editing, re-writing, and editing and writing more, since I was a sophomore in high school. But that is on the back burner for now because the smaller projects I have been working on are inspired by my little lady, and the silly adventures we have together. I am excited for them and I hope they can one day see the light of day. Even if I am never successful by society's standards, if I get one copy published for Eleanor to have on her own bookshelf, then I will count that as a far greater success than anything else I could ever hope to accomplish.

For Mother's Day (early) I received a Kindle. I am both excited and appalled. I swore up and down I would never, never, never use a Kindle. Nothing can replace the feel and smell of a book. That is still true and Eleanor and I will never stop our weekend adventures at the library. However, as I am approved for more and more titles on NetGalley, I am finding it increasingly more difficult to actually get them all read, as previously I was having to read them on my laptop. Hence, the Kindle. We shall see how it goes, though I can't ever imagine a world without the library, nor would I want to. What a horrible world that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!