Friday, July 15, 2016

C.S. Lewis: A Life Inspired

20879829

Rating: 4 Stars

I might be one of the only people in the world who has not read the Chronicles of Narnia. I am not sure why this is, but I haven't. I am interested more in his non-fiction work (and the Screwtape Letters). This might also be my shortest review ever.

His life is incredibly interesting to me, but the book is not very long - maybe 100 or so pages in length (not exactly sure how to quantify it, as I read it on my Kindle). I feel like this is a good starting point for someone who knows nothing about C.S. Lewis - like me. It is also harder for me to critique and analyze anything within the text, because this is literally all I know about him. Anyone who knows more about Lewis and is familiar with his life and works would probably know everything written here already. I also feel like he is probably a much more complex man than this biography allows for, again due to length. If you know nothing about his personal life and are interested, this is as good a place to start as any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!