Friday, November 25, 2016

First Line Friday!

Thanks to the amazing and ever-helpful Carrie, who you can (and should) find at Reading is my Superpower, I have found a new way to show off my love for and promote non-fiction. Every Friday is First Line Friday on her website and I am excited to be able to join in the fun!


The book nearest me (and one I am so enthralled with right now!) is


I am really digging this book and there is so much to learn and to consider in the information the author presents. Plus, my pastor loaned it to me the Wednesday following the election when I was in a total haze over the results, but that is another story. Pretty much, my pastors are awesome.

I took my First Line this week from the beginning of "Chapter 9: The Bridegroom of Blood - Zipporah as the Goddess-Rescuer of Moses":

"For mystery, mayhem, and sheer baffling weirdness, nothing else in the Bible quite compares with the story of Zipporah and the 'Bridegroom of Blood' in Exodus 4:24-26."

Ain't that the truth!

What is your First Line this week? Leave a comment and let me know where to find yours!

5 comments:

  1. "I thought never to write in this diary again, but the time has come." Dracula, by Bram Stoker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it's the audio book version that I listen to as I walk or run I don't know pages or any of that. Haha! But oddly enough this line is fitting because I've been doing 7 days of journaling affirmations and so this week I've been writing a diary again just like the character Jonathan Harker. Dracula and my eerie commonalities.

      Delete
    2. A lovely line indeed! No worries about page numbers :) This is a new one for me so I am not entirely sure of the rules (or if there are any!) Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Reagan McAdams had been gone more than a decade when Rachel resurrected her.

    I'm reading my editor Robin Patchen's new book, Convenient Lies. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!