Wednesday, August 5, 2020

It's About That Time Again...

If you are new to my blog, you may not know that I am a teacher. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education with a concentration in Language Arts. I have a Master's Degree in Special Education focused on Behavior Disorders, Mild/Moderate Disabilities, and Learning Disabilities.

I spent the first several years of my career with my current district as a Behavior Skills Program teacher. My students had a variety of diagnoses including ASD, ADHD, ODD, PTSD, Reactive-Attachment Disorder, sometimes on top of learning disabilities.

Last year I moved to a new position as a Resource teacher.

Basically this is all a long introduction to the fact that teacher work days started August 4th. Our district moved our start date up by a week in order to have three weeks off during Christmas break.

It will be a pretty slow month for me until we get any kind of routine going. If we can. Who knows how COVID-19 will impact this attempt at starting school.

In closing, I am still here, but will be exhausted next week. There is no tired like 'first week of school' tired.

Happy Reading!
Sarah

P.S. Teachers need lots of extra support right now because we can no longer let students share items and we now need to create individual sets of materials. Soooooo, if you feel so inclined, I do have an Amazon Teacher WishList to browse...Thank you!!

14 comments:

  1. Good luck Sarah and hope all goes well. This is such a stressful time for teachers- take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope things go according to plan... and that not too many snafu's come to visit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the hope! Luckily we have an incredible superintendent who puts the safety of our staff, students, and families ahead of the politics that our idiot governor and mayor want to play.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry! Our superintendent is great so I have faith in her.

      Delete
  4. OK, Sarah, go and do your work. I hope it is not too stressful. Those kids are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judy. It was very stressful at the beginning of the week, but things are much calmer now. I hope I can be what the kiddos need!

      Delete
  5. I hear yah! I too am a Resource teacher and we are already in PD week. We officially start next week. I am behind because the SPED department and HR tried to change classrooms around and unfortunately, I and another teacher were affected. Our assignments have changed three times already and we are waiting for the all clear from HR now. It would be nice to know where and who I am servicing. So this means that I too will be slowing down with my blog posts.

    I wish you tons of luck with this new and weird school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that - having assignments changed on short notice is stressful enough, but to be in the midst of this is even harder. I hope that you get clarification soon so you know what you will be doing. We will definitely be able to lean on each other as teachers/bloggers, when things are hard and we just want to read to wipe away the stress.

      Good luck, we can do this!

      Delete
  6. May the force be with you, Sarah. We're not back at school until 1st September. But needing separate equipment for each pupil is going to be hard.
    I've shared your Amazon wish list on my Pinterest. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Flora, thank you so much for sharing my list, I really appreciate that! I appreciate your kind words, here's to the weirdest year of my teaching career!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!