Saturday, July 25, 2026

Stacking the Shelves #371

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Reading Reality. It is a chance to showcase all the goodies you've collected throughout the week, whether they're bought on-line or in-store, an ARC or a final copy, borrowed from a friend or the library, physical or digital, etc.


NetGalley ARCs


Library Treasures

from the TBR

Happy Reading!
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to get 'Last Emperor'. I hope you enjoy it!

    FOUR from me this week - but mostly fiction so I think you're safe.

    Fiction:

    Murder on the Salsette by Edward Marston
    Murder on the Oceanic by Edward Marston
    Murder on the Celtic by Edward Marston

    Non-Fiction:

    Liverpool - A Story of Britain by Sam Wetherell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I had no idea this ever occurred; my knowledge of Mexico's history is very limited.

      I might be interested in the Liverpool book. Is there a specific focus or is it general Liverpool history from it's foundation to now?

      Delete
    2. The Liverpool book (bought because I was born there of course) is post-1945 up to the new present. I should be reading it later in the year if you want too hold off (if you're still interested knowing that its rather modern!) I'll let you know what I think of it before Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I still need to give A Death in Door County a shot, but library books have had short shrift around here while I try to work through some of my TBR ready for birthday books, ahaha. It looks so fun, though.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to read Door County - I found it because of you! - but the main character drove me nuts! She kept referring to the police chief as a 'fellow' and read much older than I think she was intended to be.

      Delete
  3. I keep thinking I need to jump back on Net Galley and see what is there, but then I am like, I need to read my own books, LOL! I am making a dent in them. I hope you enjoy these when you get a chance to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I try to stay away, but the I get an offer by email and then I accept the book and then I wonder what new books I've missed, and here we are, lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It ended up not being my most favorit but the mystery to start off was really good. I think the thing that bothered me was just that the reveals got to be kind of too much. I wouldn't oppose readng another of her books though!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!