Saturday, August 1, 2026

Eleanor Reads | June & July Edition

You might notice a little change here, Eleanor has decided to go by Nora now. One of the things I loved about the name from the start - besides the fact that Eleanor of Aquitaine was a badass queen - is that it is versatile; my girl could choose what she wanted to be called, whether it was Eleanor, Elle, Ellie, Nor, or Nora. 

Each month Nora and I share the chapter books we read either together or that she's read on her own. I love that she is exploring new genres and finding new authors to love.

Currently Reading Together

Read Together
none

Currently Reading Independently


Nora's Independent Reads

Nora's Rereads

Nora's DNFs
none

Do the kiddos in your life have an interest in any of these?


Happy Reading,
Nora and Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your review of The Six Wives and Many Mistresses of Henry VIII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an interesting one. I don't really think Henry had that many mistresses, because the ones we know of are so well documented. But I am still curious what the author calls 'many'.

      Delete
    2. I hadn't heard of many, either. It probably depends on what you call a "mistress". Do one night stands count?

      Delete
    3. Exactly! Mary Boleyn and Bessie Blount are the only ones I can really think of that we would consider actual mistresses.

      Delete
    4. Those are also the only ones I know of. And I have read a lot about the Tudors.

      Delete
    5. Same. There are rumors of others here and there, but nothing definitive - like the lady-in-waiting Anne supposedly had sent away from court.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!