Thursday, May 16, 2019

Another Busy Week


AAUUGGHH!!

I feel like all I am doing is making excuses lately, but at least they are all true excuses. This week is our last full week of class, students only come back Monday. Tuesday, and Wednesday next week. Thursday and Friday are teacher work days to get our rooms taken down and cleaned. Needless to say, it is hectic and I am exhausted.

BUT, even more exciting, is that this is Rehearsal Week for my daughter's dance revues coming up tomorrow and Saturday. My sweet little hip-hopping, tap-dancing, ballerina has worked so hard this season and is performing in two shows, a total of five dances. 

SO MUCH GEL AND HAIRSPRAY. SO MUCH!

All of this means we have been really busy practicing this week and I am a terrible person who has not been able to find time to respond to all of my lovelies who leave me wonderful comments and thoughts about all the things I love to read about. But next weekend...IT'S ON!

Happy Reading!
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I seem to have been really busy off the blog this year compared to other years and I have been a bit absent with posts and reviews. I hope next week I can squeeze in a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of in the same boat - I hope that this summer will prove to be the great equalizing force and I can once again find that balance that I have had in recent years. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  2. Well you have a lot going on so I think it's understandable blog stuff takes a back seat! Enjoy the performances! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Eleanor did so wonderfully at both shows, in all five dances she performed in! I could not be more proud of my sweet girl, I can not stop smiling. I want to post pictures from the shows, but I also feel kind of weird about doing that on my open blog. It is different on Facebook, where my profile is pretty much locked down and no one can see anything unless they are a friend. Maybe I will slap one of those big smiley face stickers over her face and post a few that way!

      Delete
  3. You are not a terrible person! You are a class act juggler! Yay for your daughter. I have a granddaughter who sings and dances and acts. She will graduate high school this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to your granddaughter. How many grandchildren do you have? Eleanor started taking dance the summer she turned three and LOVES it. She will be hopefully moving up to Academy this coming season, so it is not the full commitment of competition yet, but she would still get the preparation for it, while competing in local shows. We are very excited for what comes next!

      Delete
    2. I have three. It is so great to watch them grow into adults, find their passions, etc. Best wishes to Eleanor.

      Delete
    3. I am looking forward to that also, but then it also makes me sad because I already feel like she is growing up too fast. But I cherish these moments when I get to see her little mind in action, how she is interpreting and figuring out the world around her. Thank you :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!