Thursday, October 13, 2022

First Line Friday #146

 

First Line Friday is hosted once again by Carrie at Reading is my Superpower. You can visit HERE to go directly to the FLF page of her blog.

Playing along is easy: open the book nearest you and share the first line. Then check out the link to see the other first lines posted this week.


A place's meaning is not set in stone - or its stones.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and leave a link to your FLF so I can stop by to see what you've posted this week.

Happy Reading!
Sarah 

10 comments:

  1. Giving this a 2nd chance? Didn't you DNF it recently? Oh, and coincidently...

    "Herodotus begins by placing his chosen subject of the Graeco-Persian Wars in the broadest framework of East versus West historical and (what we should call) myth-historical conflict." Thermopylae - The Battle that Changed the World by Paul Cartledge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not yet. I queued up a bunch of FFFs a couple months ago when I got a giant new stack of books.

      And hey! I've read the one you're quoting now! - big surprise ;)

      Delete
  2. My first line this week comes from a breathtaking book The Lost Melody by Joanna Politano.
    One day in late May of the year 1886, I found myself imprisoned in the Hurstwell Pauper Lunatic Asylum. This was unconscionable—- I had never been a pauper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ended up DNF-ing the book for now, may come back to it. Not sure why!

      Delete
  4. I am so tired I am trying to figure out the first line, LOL. I hope you enjoy this one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya on that front! We had conferences last week, I am exhausted STILL!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!