Saturday, November 11, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #269

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Reading Reality. It is a chance to showcase all the goodies you've collected throughout the week, whether they're bought on-line or in-store, an ARC or a final copy, borrowed from a friend or the library, physical or digital, etc

A few weekends ago I talked about the Goodreads horror list they do every year in October and naturally, because I have no shelf control, I grab as many as I can from the library. Here's what came this week! 
You can find that Goodreads list HERE. Then I stupidly looked at the second horror list they posted a few days after that, which you can find HERE, and requested a few more. One of my fave librarians pointed out that Halloween doesn't have to be the end of spooky season, but the beginning. So, here we go, November Is For Horror, Too.

Prime First Reads



NetGalley ARCs

Library Treasures

Happy Reading!
Sarah

16 comments:

  1. They look interesting. The closest I get to horror is Gothic fiction 😂.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2023/11/11/stacking-the-shelves-55/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Merciless King book cover has caught my attention. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so crazy. The Teen Killers trilogy is still my most fave from Sparks, but I am so excited to see where she will take these characters.

      Delete
  3. Picked up two historical novels from my local Charity Shop:

    The Eagle and the Wolves by Simon Scarrow
    Death to the Emperor by Simon Scarrow

    I was looking at the Nixey book a few days ago in one of my TBR stacks and musing about scheduling it in early next year along with 'The Closing of the Western Mind - The Rise of Faith and the Fall of Reason' by Charles Freeman. Should make an interesting deep-dive double read.... [grin]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into The Closing of the Western Mind. It alarms me greatly as a Christian that the wall between church and state is being knocked down. That is not what our founding fathers intended.

      Delete
    2. Oddly, for such a secular nation, we don't have that separation. We have bishops (as you no doubt know) sitting in the House of Lords and, of course, a State religion.... Weird, eh?

      Delete
    3. Lol, so weird. It's like everyone forgot you only have a state religion because Henry wanted to get divorced 500 years ago.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting list of books you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so fun following those rabbit trails!!! I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued by the Richard Chizmar books because they seem like something I'd really enjoy. Have you read the others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not; I didn't realize when I grabbed it that it was part of a series, so I will see how this one goes but the summary has me hooked.

      Delete
  7. November horror! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now the horror has spilled into December...but that's okay. I should be done before Christmas. We are doing well, thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my little book nook. I love talking books so leave a comment and let's chat!